Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Ever been told to “beware the Ides of March?” But, what exactly are you being aware of?
Historically, Julius Caesar was told to be wary of the “Ides of March” or March 15. But, if you remember, he disregarded that advice and was betrayed by his pals and assassinated in the Roman Senate.
While you hear this phrase uttered in March, there’s nothing “unlucky” about this date. But perhaps there’s a lesson to be had here in taking advice and listening to feedback.
No need to beware today, but it’s not a bad time to reflect, ask for feedback and consider growing from it.
Wanna get out of town? Tempest wants you to, too. The Philadelphia-based startup nudges you to book your next vacation, perhaps without you even realizing it.
Learn how in less than two decades, University of Maryland BioPark has grown to host three dozen life science companies, becoming the heart of Maryland’s biomedical startup ecosystem.
Conference season is just around the corner, and you’re invited! Join Techinical.ly at Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast 2022, where we’re hosting:
- Introduced on May 12, an in-person event centered around culture building focused on community talks, breakout discussions and mastermind sessions. (Register here.)
- Technical.ly’s Developers Conference on May 10 is a chance to have fun, get “unstuck” and sample insights on technology, culture and community. (Register here.)
Want to be a better manager? Focus on people, process, and product, advises Technical.ly Media’s CEO Chris Wink.
- Curai Health is working to expand healthcare access to everyone and needs a Senior Software Engineer to help build out its platform.
- Clean energy company Inspire is seeking a Senior Pricing Analyst.
- Guru helps teams share knowledge in real-time. The remote-friendly Philly and San Francisco-based startup is hiring a Strategic Account Manager.
- Secureframe is on a mission to help companies build trust and stay secure. It’s looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- STRATIS IoT is making buildings and apartments more secure with IoT technology. The company is seeking several new hires, including:
- Wawa is looking for a Sr. Data Platform Engineer.
- Vanguard is growing and is searching for a Technical Lead for the Application Engineering team.
- Media Tradecraft innovates in the online advertising space and is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (remote possible).
- Growth-stage media startup Axios is hiring a Solutions Engineer.
- Want to help transform consumers into financially fit homeowners? FinLocker is searching for a Digital Product Manager.
- SmartLogic is seeking an Operations Manager.
- Searching for a career in financial services? PNC is hiring for several roles in the area, including:
- Mayvue Solutions is using AI to eliminate irrelevant ads and is looking for a Software Engineering Lead/Manager.
- Digital polling and insights company CivicScience is hiring an HR and Recruiting Manager.
Remember, no date dec-IDES your fate. See you next week!