At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Technology Engineer Sr within PNC's Retail Contact Center technology organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh PA, Eastwick PA, Strongsville OH, Columbus OH, Dallas TX, Charlette NC, or other locations within PNC's footprint. Candidates will be supporting the following technologies: • Understanding of Micro-Services, REST APIs, and Cloud Based architectures
• Prior Java experience , C#, or other modern oriented programming languages.
• Experience on multiple platforms, and the ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
• Experience troubleshooting on several environments
• Experience with Red Hat Openshift, Kubernetes, Apigee, LogInsight, Gradle, Groovy, Karate, JMeter, SonarLint, Sonar Cube, Jenkins
• Knowledge of PING Identify (OAuth, WSSO, and Security Services)
• Prior experience using Jenkins and Artifactory
• Unix/Linux, Power Shell/Scripting Technologies
• Database Experience (Oracle and/or MS Sql Server, etc) including performance tuning is a nice to have
• Functional Knowledge of Mainframe, Cobol, VSAM, Db2
• Experience with “Policy as Code”
• UI/UX Experience, Spring Boot, Angular
• Windows and Linux Server Experience
• Experience with Contact Center Technology vendors such as Avaya, Genesys, Aspect, and Verint. Job Description
- Leads in the development of the most complex new and emerging technologies and selects appropriate platforms, integrates and configures solutions. Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain technology solutions.
- Develops software components and hardware for new and emerging technology projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives.
- Consults junior staff regarding complex issues and best practices.
- Provides a systematic analysis on the most complex client requirements within the traceability framework and resolves any functional problems encountered.
- Oversees the quality of complex project deliverables while ensuring that they are in compliance with relevant standards and processes.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications. Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations. Effectiveness Measurement – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement. Emerging Technologies – Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy. Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations. IT Industry: Trends & Directions – Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT). IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures. Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan. Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Bachelors Additional Job Description Benefits
Disability Accommodations Statement:
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law. California Residents
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice
to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.