Media Tradecraft has become one of the most important media services companies in the online advertising space. Our fast-growing company provides high-touch, custom, business solutions to many of the country’s most well-known publishing brands and media companies. These custom-tailored business solutions help our top Arts & Entertainment, Lifestyle & Culture, News, Humor, and Sports publisher’s create and support their amazing content teams.
About the role:
MTC is looking for highly driven individuals that can participate in multiple projects. Not only should the candite have senior level experience but should also be focused on delivering robust and performant applications. The candidate will be part of the Development Operations team who develops and operates innovative software solutions. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. It is a great opportunity for developers looking to make a positive impact and grow on their professional career.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Writing well-designed, testable, and efficient code. Following industry best practices for design and language conventions defined by the DevOps team.
· Work with Software Developers to assist and learn all facets of software development applied to ad tech software. Code reviews on fellow developers will also be part of the responsibilities.
· Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and new technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
· It is expected that additional research will be done to understand the different moving parts of the development workflow and tools, even outside of regular business hours.
· Lead in the discovery and investigation of issues on live environments as required
· Candidate must follow industry best practices and guidelines defined by the DevOps team.
· Work will product managers to define, prioritize and finalize features.
Candidates must have:
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related STEM discipline
· Experience coaching, leading, and overseeing team members.
· Proven experience going through the different phases of software development, such as design, development, deployment, and supporting available mission critical environments for 24×7 availability.
· Excellent analytical and communication skills
· Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural design of large-scale applications.
· Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment while being able to focus and prioritize the influx of work.
· Knowledge in Angular, React, or Vue ecosystem and front-end engineering (Cloud infrastructure experience: AWS, Azure, GCC)
Why is working at Media Tradecraft a great opportunity?
Working at Media Tradecraft is a great opportunity because employees are able to immediately feel and see the impact of their work. The company encourages collaboration and meaningful contributions across the full team, embracing new ideas across all levels and departments.
Media Tradecraft helps media companies make more money, which is not only exciting, but allows employees to feel good about having a positive impact on quality journalism and the media industry as a whole. The online advertising and marketing industry is fast-paced and high-growth, so there are ample opportunities for advancement and monetary rewards for employees.
Media Tradecraft is leading the media services space forward as the pioneer who saw the next big shift was in people and innovating how humans and teams operate to generate results.
What is Media Tradecraft’s workplace culture like in general?
Media Tradecraft is a highly collaborative culture where employees feel empowered to make significant changes and challenge the norm to improve the company and the custom strategies it delivers to its clients. The intentional diversity, equity and inclusion commitment results in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and points of views that are all embraced.
The collaborative and respectful culture encourages connections and personal relationships, even as a hybrid workforce.
What opportunities are there for career development and professional advancement at Media Tradecraft?
Growing at exponential rates, the opportunity for professional advancement at Media Tradecraft is infinite. The company offers promotions as earned rather than on a set review schedule and propels its rockstar employees into leadership positions where they are empowered to build their own teams.
What does DEI mean to Media Tradecraft?
Media Tradecraft is intentionally committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) as well as belonging. To maintain the strong collaborative culture that Media Tradecraft has built, it is critical that the full team feels like they belong and are part of the community.
Feeling like you don’t belong can be such a jarring experience, most people retain memories of times they felt like an outsider, which is why the Media Tradecraft leadership team continually evaluates its DEI+B efforts to nurture its culture. The more its team feels like they belong and that their ideas are respected, the more the team as a whole can contribute and impact the future of the media services space.
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly