Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
You’ve got to hand it to snowflakes. By the time those frosty flurries reach the ground, they’ve been through miles of atmosphere, weather and moisture. While to the naked eye these pieces of ice may look the same, each is ever so slightly different. That’s because as snowflakes float through the sky, water vapor gloms on, creating different crystal structures on each flake.
It’s not unlike job candidates, each formed by their own experiences into a unique applicant. How can you highlight those differences?
Now, catch these opportunities seemingly falling from the sky.
After two layoffs, Wayne Stewart took job stability into his own hands. Learn how the founder and CEO of Stewart Design Agency got where he is today.
In our latest live Slack interview, six members of the Delaware Data Innovation Lab tackled data science, storytelling, and how numbers can empower change for the better.
When Alexa Sarkuni started searching for a career pivot, she found it right next door — literally. Learn how this IT operations manager moved from a nonprofit to the fast-paced culture at Crossbeam. (Psst: This remote-first startup is hiring.)
Here’s a look at how VR could usher in the next generation of robotics manufacturing careers.
Want to work with us? Technically Media has multiple openings currently, including an Editor and Editorial Director, as well as a Reporter (via Report for America) to cover the news in Philly’s rapidly changing tech economy.
- Ecommerce company Voomi Supply is seeking an eCommerce Lead.
- Wheel the World works with founders to create comprehensive product roadmaps, tech strategy, and product development and needs a CTO to help lead the team.
- Feeling inspired? The team at Inspire certainly is. The growing clean tech energy company is hiring a variety of roles, including:
- Philadelphia-based civic technology firm Azavea is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- The Act Two career relaunch program at Comcast offers opportunities for professionals returning to the workforce. The program is seeking a Reporting Analyst for a six-month paid, fixed-term contract.
- URBN is hiring an Email Developer.
- Solve business problems across industries and organizations. Think Company is searching for an Engineering Manager.
- Wilmington University in New Castle, DE, is on the lookout for a Front-End Web Developer.
- Bank on a future in finance. Vanguard is hiring a:
- Financial fitness tool FinLocker is searching for a:
- Media Tradecraft is providing high-touch, custom business solutions to brands and media companies and is looking for a:
- Looking to make it in a career in media? Axios in Arlington is hiring a:
- PNC Financial Services is seeking to fill several roles, including:
- Strategic insight brand CivicScience is expanding and needs an HR and Recruiting Manager to own the process.
- The Machine Learning Department at Carnegie Mellon University is seeking a Project Manager to coordinate ongoing projects.
That’s all we’ve got for you this week. Stay warm, and we’ll see you back here soon.