Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Close to 112 million Americans are hitting the road, skies and rails this week, according to a travel survey from The Vacationer.
That means snafus, lines and delays are inevitable.
But while your travel may be at a standstill (at least momentarily), your career doesn’t have to be.
Below you’ll find a bevy of new opportunities to excite even the most stressed of seasoned travelers. So take a deep breath, stop refreshing your boarding time and peruse this week’s offerings.
How can we empower the workforce and shrink the talent gap? The answer lies in cyber soft skills, writes Celeste Frye, the cofounder and CEO of Public Works Partners, LLC.
Read about how Julia Soffa, a senior manager of revenue empowerment, helps foster a culture of communication and “JOMO” (the joy of missing out) with Guru’s largely remote workforce.
Bring on the bots! Getting young people excited about STEM opportunities could be as simple as bringing the robots to them at events like Pittsburgh Robotics Networks’ Discovery Day.
The only guarantee regarding company culture is that things will change. As a founder, one of the best things you can do is step out of the way, advises longtime executive Seema Alexander.
- SaaS company Listrak is hiring a Product Manager and Technical Support Analyst.
- Hey interns! Technically Media is hiring a Business and Product Intern for Winter/Spring 2023.
- Audio platform and entertainment company Audacy is looking for a Senior Software Engineer and QA Engineer.
- Experience design and software development firm Think Company is searching for a Design Lead.
- Prototyping service FlashPCB is seeking a Frontend Software Engineer.
- Magnar makes custom hardware and software solutions for the maritime industry and needs a Senior Android Engineer.
- Technology services firm Zivtech is hiring a Junior Drupal Developer.
- Wawa is looking for an Analytics Engineer and an IT Service Delivery and Operations ITSM Lead.
- Global financial services firm Macquarie is seeking several new hires, including:
- Investment management firm T. Rowe Price is hiring for a variety of roles, including:
- Candid is on a mission to track nonprofit spending across the globe. The company is seeking a Senior Director of Software Engineering to help lead future initiatives.
- Create a spark with Ignite Capital as its Director, Portfolio Operations.
- PNC Financial Services is seeking a:
- Innovation studio Deeplocal is looking for Senior Creative Technologist, Software.
- Driverless technology company Motional is searching for an Engineer.
Travel safe! We’ll see you again soon.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.