Zivtech is a Philadelphia based technology services firm that designs and builds innovative web products and applications. Our clients range from startups, to large non-profits, to Fortune 500 companies. We help mission-driven organizations adapt and benefit from change by using technology to light the path forward.
We are currently looking for a Junior Drupal Developer to work in our Philadelphia offices with our Engineering team who is comfortable working in both back-end and front-end technologies. Zivtech has a flexible, but fast paced work environment, and we are seeking talented teammates who are eager to contribute and learn.
We have a strong preference to have you work out of our Philadelphia office, however this position is open to fully remote candidates who already have a Drupal.org or GitHub profile that shows comments or commits to Drupal or some other open source project.
As a Junior Drupal Developer, you will work with the delivery team to create custom interactive user experiences using Drupal, React, and other technologies. You will participate in maintaining existing enterprise Drupal web applications and building the latest features for the best clients around. Your awesomeness will expand quickly in an environment where YOU matter and you can work together with a team that cares about you and your goals.
- Maintain existing enterprise Drupal web applications
- Write new modules and themes that conform to Drupal best practices
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Show initiative beyond knocking tasks off a list; you're able to research and evaluate solutions, features, and related technologies that fulfill project requirements and anticipate future client needs
- Test assigned features to ensure proper functionality
- Contribute to the common code bases and standards for your team
- Assist in identifying and validating test cases and can identify regression risks in their features
- Write user and developer facing documentation
Required knowledge, skills, and experience
- 1+ years of experience building web applications and solutions with Drupal
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, information technology, or equivalent area of study or professional experience
- Knowledge of the Drupal 8/9 CMS, including module and theme layer
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Familiarity with object-oriented PHP programming, including common design patterns
- Comfortable with reading API documentation and integrating with external APIs and systems
- Experience with the command line shell and tools like Drush
Nice to have
- Experience with React & React Native
- One or more Acquia Drupal certifications
- Salary range: $50,000-65,000
- Salary commensurate with qualifications, experience, and/or demonstrated awesomeness
If you're interested in joining our thriving, growing business and doing cutting-edge work, please submit:
- Cover letter
- Drupal.org or GitHub profile that demonstrates some amount of engagement with the Drupal or Open Source Software communities (comments, commits, bug reports, etc)