Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
It’s been a minute, but we’re glad to be back. We hope you had some time to rest and recover, and feel refreshed to face the new year.
If you’re like the majority of Americans, you may have made a resolution to ring in the new year. However, you probably also know the dismal success rate (about 10%) of those resolutions.
While we’d never deter you from self-improvement, might we suggest an alternative? Resolutions are often about adding a major goal to your ever-expanding to-do list, but could you stand to take something away? Maybe it’s as small as closing your laptop at 5 p.m. sharp, or deleting a meeting or two from your calendar.
Just think about it, you don’t always need to pile on more to improve.
But, if you’ve resolved to try something new in 2022, we’ve got an email full of opportunities.
Does your new year’s resolution include professional growth? Here are some tech skills you could hone in 2022.
Rayan Rahman, cofounder of Airposted, makes predictions on 2022’s biggest trends in technology.
Pittsburgh owes a lot of its growth to its entrepreneurial community of helpers, explains Michele Migliuolo.
Pam Selle left her software engineer career to prioritize her health. Here’s how she’s better for it.
Want to work with us? Technically Media has multiple openings currently, including an Editor and Editorial Director, as well as a Reporter (via Report for America) to cover the news in Philly’s rapidly changing tech economy.
- Want to develop tools for developers? SonarSource is seeking a Product Marketing Manager.
- Denver-based ReadyTal wants to help remote developers get better job offers and needs a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to lead its passionate team of programmers.
- Read all about it! Media Tradecraft is providing custom solutions for media companies and publishing brands, and needs an Ad Operations Manager to ensure things run smoothly.
- Want to make an investment in your future? Vanguard is hiring for a variety of roles, including:
- Infinite Blue has made its name providing development platforms for enterprises and independent software vendors. As it expands, the Collegeville, PA-based company is looking for a Product Manager.
- Pinnacle 21’s engineering team is small, but mighty, creating tools to help streamline the pharmaceutical industry. Join the growing group as a Software Test Engineer.
- Financial fitness tool FinLocker is searching for a QA Engineer.
- Looking to make it in a career in media? Axios is hiring for several roles in its Arlington office, including:
- Ready to bank on a career in finance? PNC Financial Services is seeking to fill several roles including:
- Passionate about life sciences? LifeX Labs is looking for a Part-Time Executive in Residence.
Is 2022 the year you do a little less? That’s one resolution worth sticking to. Catch you back here next week.