Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
A recent Finder.com survey revealed that cryptocurrency ownership has surged by 61% in the past two years. Hard to believe that digital coins, once a niche payment tool, are about as common as a side of fries. In fact, Burger King’s recent promotion included a “side” of cryptocurrency with qualifying food orders.
But, in a season where shipping delays and out-of-stock items are the new normal, could cryptocurrency also be the perfect gift? Think about it — the form of payment is entirely digital, fairly plentiful, and can be spent on nearly anything.
So, with your holiday shopping list taken care of, let’s focus on your job search.
Speaking of crypto, 2021 became the year of the digital coin. Here’s how it’s anticipated to grow in 2022.
Developer Rasha Moumneh shares her career journey from nonprofit to the fast-paced technology of Fastmail.
Speaking of high-earners, here’s how companies can stay competitive with recruitment, even if they can’t offer the industry’s highest compensation rates.
In its 25-year history, Carnegie Mellon’s National Robotics Engineering Center has helped launch 50 Pittsburgh-area startups, including everything from autonomous vehicles to smart baby products.
Want to work with us? Technically Media has multiple openings currently, including a Winter/Spring Business Intern, an Editor and Editorial Director, and a Reporter (via Report for America) to cover the news in Philly’s rapidly changing tech economy.
- Phoenix founded digital services company Ad Hoc is helping the federal government better serve people and is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (DevOps) to help grow its mission.
- Think Company in Philly designs elegant solutions to client digital product lines, and needs a Technical Lead to bridge the gap between coding and consulting.
- Game on! Sony Interactive Entertainment, based in Aliso Viejo, CA, is searching for a Sr. QA Engineer (QA Lead) to lead a team of engineers to create compelling consumer-focused applications.
- Baltimore-based custom software development consultancy SmartLogic is hiring a Vice President of Business Development to help secure new accounts for the growing company.
- Sink your teeth into a role at Kleer. The startup is aiming to make dental coverage easier and accessible for everyone and is looking for an Onboarding Specialist to help build out a sales pipeline.
- Azavea uses mapping technology to create a positive civic, social, and environmental impact. The civic technology firm is searching for a Software Engineer to join the Geospatial Applications team.
- Pinnacle 21 is providing a tool to create a more efficient review process for biopharmaceuticals and needs a Software Test Engineer.
- Read all about it! Arlington-based publication Axios is hiring for a variety of roles, including:
- Arlington-area SaaS platform Interos is hiring an Associate Data Engineer to use data to better predict the global supply chain.
- Optoro is aiming to eliminate all the waste associated with online retail returns and needs a Product Marketing Manager to perfect the product.
- PNC Financial Services hiring a variety of roles, including:
- LifeX Labs is looking for a Part-Time Executive in Residence to assist early-stage life science startups.
- Attention, new graduates! Duolingo is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer straight out of school.
Get that coin! We’ll check in with you next week.