Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
For many schools, this week marks spring break. The days are getting a little longer, and who knows, it might not snow again this year.
While you might not be headed to a crowded beach to pile into an Airbnb, can you take a “brain-cation” this week? We all know time off is an essential tool to combat burnout, and even cultivating a vacation mindset at home could help you relax.
So whether that means wearing flip flops around the house, sneaking in a cat nap, or drinking a piña colada from the comfort of the couch, try for a touch of “Out of Office” mindset this week — that is after you check out TWIJ, of course.
Good news? You had a positive performance review. Bad news? The raise was unsatisfying. What should you do next?
Crypto may be all the rage, but its drain on energy isn’t. Learn how mining digital currency can go green.
Speaking of crypto, Allentown-based Shift4Payments just made two acquisitions with an eye toward the blockchain and crypto space.
Green energy company GridPoint is seeing green, too. The DMV-area startup just saw one of the region’s largest deals in 2022 via a $75 million investment round (and a hiring spree coming soon).
Instead of relying on pre-made templates, bootstrapping founders can turn to Start.Law, a subscription-based service for legal and accounting services.
Meet Jonathan Jenkins, the new systems engineer at Baltimore-based 14 West who found his role by applying on Technical.ly (and check out 14 West’s open roles here if you want to follow in his footsteps).
- Message Agency develops interactive sites for public agencies, nonprofits and universities, and is seeking a Developer.
- Toggl Hire is hiring a Backend Developer with a background in Golang and knowledge of Heroku, AWS and GraphQL.
- ReturnLogic is creating technology solutions for the modern retailer and needs a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer.
- Qualia is searching for an entrepreneurial-minded Senior Software Engineer.
- URBN is hiring a Senior Salesforce Business Analyst.
- Interested in technology and finance? Malvern, PA-based Vanguard is looking for a Full Stack Developer and Staff Application Engineer.
- Leading provider of extendable apps for organizational resiliency and low-code development platforms for enterprises and independent software vendors Infinite Blue is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Media company Axios is searching for a Solutions Engineer.
- Media Tradecraft provides online ad services to media companies and needs an Ad Operations Manager.
- Kion is innovating the cloud enablement solution space and is looking to hire a:
- Argo.AI is on a mission to make the self-driving car a reality and is looking for a Marketing Manager.
- Looking to take your career to the moon? Astrobotics is searching for a Materials Handling Specialist.
- AdSkate is building a smarter online ad service using AI, and is hiring a Marketing Intern.
- Searching for a career in financial services? PNC is hiring for several roles in the area, including:
Don’t be afraid to take some me-time this week. We’ll catch you back here once you’re nice and rested.