Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Oh My Gore
Any certified Scream Queen knows that many classic horror movies take place in the summer. Must be something extra terrifying about a night when the moon is high, the air is balmy and summer camp is in full swing. Don’t just take our word for it, the proof is on IMDb. We’ve got “Jaws,” “Friday the 13th,” “Midsommar,” “Jaws 2,” “I Know What You Did Last Summer,” “It,” “Jaws 3,” “Us,” “Jaws: The Revenge” (OK, you get it). A winter wonderland can also be the setting of a chilling tale; “The Shining” taught us that much. But horror seems to come alive at the sight of a summer sunset.
Luckily, TWIJ doesn’t bite, and we show up in your inbox every Tuesday, so there’s no jump scares to fear. So keep reading, only if you dare to happen upon your next great job opportunity.
Talking about credit scores may actually give you a fright. The micro-lending platform Perpay is helping customers confront those financial ghosts and improve their credit with its new product, Perpay+.
“It takes a village” is how the old saying goes. In Philly Startup Leaders’ case, it’s taken a Slack community of 5,000 users. The networking platform is eventually retiring its Slack — but fear not. It is transitioning to a just-launched website, PSL Connect.
Horror isn’t your thing? Check out the feel-good story of Leigh Peele’s professional journey and how she ended up in a position she loves at The Tactile Group.
Technical.ly is now publishing daily reporting in Pittsburgh, and a newsletter is on its way. Keep up to date with all the latest headlines from the Pennsylvania city here.
- Inspire isn’t just a name. It’s this energy tech firm’s whole mission:
- Interactive betting is a whole new world, and one that Penn Interactive knows well:
- Check out these fresh openings at Comcast:
- An international HQ in Philly sounds like the beginning of an epic success story. Macquarie is seeking:
- Give your skills a new home at Power Home Remodeling:
- Tech Impact is looking for an IT Infrastructure Project Engineer.
- Utilities included? PGW is hiring an Enterprise Systems Engineer.
If commuting is your worst nightmare, try out these fully #WFH jobs:
- Support Engineer at cloudtamer.io
- Developer – Ruby on Rails or Elixir at SmartLogic
- Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at Staging & Design Network
BRB, watching “Jaws: The Revenge.” See you next week!