What you will do
- Perform hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems and capabilities
- Build detection capabilities to identify suspicious activity and operationalize alerts within the CSOC
- Assist with CSOC efforts for continuous improvement in Operations Enablement
- Creates prototypes in a lean / agile manner in order to influence product direction
- Write code and unit tests, work on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing.
- Contribute to use-case development for security monitoring, based on data derived from a variety of security tools in a data lake environment
- Partners with Ops and Product stakeholders to develop applications and tools in a business / customer experience driven framework.
- Work with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, and known defects
- Collaborate and participate continuously with key technology teams and critical projects to proactively gain knowledge of Comcast systems
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new security technologies to solve existing needs and future challenges
What you should possess
- Familiar and experienced with scripting languages such as bash, python, and/or powershell
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts, protocols, and security practices
- Strong understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL), fundamentals of mathematics, large data sets and distributed systems, and statistical concepts
- Experience and passion to work in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communications skills
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) is a plus
- Optional Certification(s): AWS CSA or CD, CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, or equivalent
What you can expect
- A cool and casual work environment with chances to showcase your skills
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
- Opportunities to impact the security of Comcast products in millions of homes and businesses
What we require
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Competent and confident working with one dynamic language and one compiled language. Python, Ruby, or Golang preferred
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA and REST), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience with modern development tools: Git, JIRA, etc.
- Experience with Agile and/or Kanban
- Experience working on cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Disclaimer: This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality—to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Education – Bachelor’s Degree
Relative Work Experience – 5-7 Years
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. Apply Now