Position: IT Infrastructure Project Engineer
Location: Philadelphia PA or Washington DC
Tech Impact – Headquarters Philadelphia PA
Full Time Permanent Position
Our Website: https://www.techimpact.org/
Please send your resume to Devie Smith HR Staffing Specialist – Devie@techimpact.org Or you can call her at 302 -456 9329
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance helping our nonprofit clients. Our team of mission-focused tech professionals is passionate about moving the social sector forward with transformative applications of technology. As an IT Infrastructure Project Engineer, you will work closely with our clients assisting with new technology projects and support.
Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to use technology to better serve the world. A leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits, Tech Impact also operates award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch careers. With offices in Philadelphia PA, Wilmington DE, Washington DC, and Las Vegas NV, Tech Impact has been delivering services since 2003 to thousands of national and international nonprofit organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under general supervision, the Engineer is responsible for performing IT infrastructure project-based work and providing technical escalation support to Tech Impact clients. The Engineer is expected to manage a significant project portfolio and incoming support escalations with minimal supervision. The Engineer will also be responsible for handling complex technical support issues, as needed.
- Serve as the technical lead on projects as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Onsite Network Assessments
- On-prem and Cloud server configurations and implementations (Windows Server)
- Remote Access solution implementations (VPN, RDS)
- Microsoft Teams VoIP Implementations
- Wired and Wireless network configurations and implementations
- Provide technical support on projects as assigned.
- Monitor the network management system (Kaseya) and respond to issues.
- Perform recurring network management tasks as required or directed.
- Develop scripts and other monitoring improvements as required or directed.
- Maintain strong customer service skills when dealing with clients, vendors, and other Tech Impact partners
- Advise Account Management of client support or reoccurring technical issues.
- Deliver on agreed upon scopes of work as defined by approved projects.
Service Desk Support (when necessary)
- Provide Tier 2 technical support to all clients.
- Serves as an escalation point for Tier 1 Engineers.
- Provide direct support on network communications issues.
- Travel onsite to resolve issues that cannot be resolved remotely.
Knowledge Skills Preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience preferred.
- Knowledge of SonicWALL, Ubiquiti and Cisco networking equipment preferred.
- Working knowledge of network theory required
- Experience administering a cloud-based IT services/infrastructure platform (Microsoft 365, Google Workspaces, AWS, Azure etc.)
- Experience setting up a server from scratch (any OS, any purpose)
- Experience configuring / administering a directory server (Active Directory, LDAP, Azure AD, etc.)
- Solid understanding of fundamental networking principles, including DNS, routing, IP addressing, NAT, firewalls, etc.
- Strong server infrastructure support skills including Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 (on-prem and cloud)
- Strong network infrastructure support and administration skills (both wired and wireless LAN)
- Experience in a managed service and/or nonprofit environment preferred.
- Excellent communication, writing, analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including ability to translate technical information to non-technical users.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, to handle pressure and multiple projects simultaneously and to manage work under tight deadlines.
- Basic project management skills are a plus.
- Experience in the non-profit sector a plus
- Must have access to a car at short notice depending on location.
Essential Skills for Success in Position
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Work well independently and within a team environment.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Frequent exposure to new and challenging problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical users.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace.
- Passion about the job and a little sense of humor.
Benefits of Working for Tech Impact
- Supportive and compassionate environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Be part of a collaborative team that is passionate about the organization’s mission and using technology to make the world a better place.
- Everyone has a voice, and you have the opportunity to learn and grow to make a difference.
- The organization shows how they care for its people by paying for most of your medical benefits and providing you a credit card to pay deductibles and copays.
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued the first year and 12 Paid Holidays.
About Tech Impact (www.techimpact.org)
Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve the world. The organization is a leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits and operates award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch their careers. Tech Impact offers a comprehensive suite of technology services that includes managed IT support, data and strategy services, telecommunications, and cloud computing integration and support. In 2018, it expanded its education and outreach capabilities by merging with Idealware, an authoritative source for independent, thoroughly researched technology resources for the social sector. Tech Impact’s ITWorks and CXWorks training programs have graduated hundreds of young adults with the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to start their careers in the technology and customer experience industries. The organization also operates Punchcode, a coding bootcamp based in Las Vegas, NV. Apply Now