Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Winter is the best, by a dog:
“Oh my god. Oh boy, wow. Ahhh I can’t sit still. Oh you guys, look! Look, guys! There’s snow! See the snow? Wow. Oh boy. Guys it’s everywhere. It’s all over — I’m going to pee on it. Wait, here? Or here? I do all the spots.
Oh wow. Guys, you can taste the sky. It’s like … oh boy, it’s wet. Wow, it’s cold in your mouth. Guys, guys have you tried this? Guys! Guys! Guys!
Watch mom, now I’m gonna run really, really super fast. Now I run even bigger, this time the fastest time! See? DO YOU SEE? I’M RUNNING! Oh boy. I’m gonna zip this way, but wait because I zag dis way. Running is the grea — HI, Rosie! Hi, Rosie! Hi, Rosie! Hiiiii, Rosie! Rosie. Rosie. Rosie. Hi!!! — Rosie is my fran, she’s the greatest. Oh, wow.”
This, friends, is the job hunting energy we are channeling in February. Let’s chase our dreams the way the doggo runned so fast because the snow and the cold and he jumped and oh boy, wow!
On the latest episode of Off the Sidelines, an investor education podcast, our hosts chat with Pam Kostka of All Raise, as well as investor, entrepreneur and diversity advocate Tracy Chou to discuss the essential qualities that make a good investor and how we can apply that to accelerate diversity, equity and inclusion in the investing world.
West Philadelphians interested in information technology careers, take a peek at this new, paid skills-building program called TechUp. The ACHIEVEability program arms underemployed or unemployed high school graduates with in-demand Salesforce skills. The program begins April 2021.
- Ever think about how fun it would be to write TWIJ? Well, by golly, now’s your chance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
- Technically Media is also hiring two media-lovin’, director-level pros, a Product Director and Editorial Director. Fun video job descriptions inside the links. That’s life in 2021, baby.
- Linode is calling out around the world (well, the Philly region) for some engineers:
- Tech jobs for everyone. Perpay has some great non-engineering gigs:
- Vanguard has a real Goldilocks lineup. Pick the job that fits juuuuust right:
- Macquarie has its eye out for a few real technical folks:
- Power Home Remodeling has three new gigs up on the board:
- Think Company is looking for a UX Engineer.
- Springboard Collective seeks a Technical Product Manager.
- Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies is on the prowl for a Marketing Content & PR Manager.
- Restless Labs can’t sleep over its lack of a Remote Technical Consultant.
- Fulton Bank is hoping its search for a Remote Senior Data Science & Visualization Engineer pays off.
- Github is saying “gitty up” to a Remote Senior Software Engineer Marketing.
Gosh, that was pun.
Thanks for joining us this week, friends. Now get out there and make some yellow snow!
Happy job hunting.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.