1. Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems, and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
2. Troubleshoots software and processes for data consistency and integrity. Integrates large scale data from a variety of sources for business partners to generate insight and make decisions.
3. Translates business specifications into design specifications and code. Responsible for writing complex programs, ad hoc queries, and reports. Ensures that all code is well structured, includes sufficient documentation, and is easy to maintain and reuse.
4. Partners with internal clients to gain an enhanced understanding of business functions and informational needs. Gains expertise in tools, technologies, and applications/databases in specific business areas and company-wide systems.
5. Leads all phases of solution development. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients and less experienced team members.
6. Tests code thoroughly for accuracy of intended purpose. Reviews end product with the client to ensure adequate understanding. Provides data analysis guidance as required.
7. Designs and conducts training sessions on tools and data sources used by the team and self provisioners. Provides job aids to team members and business users.
8. Tests and implements new software releases through regression testing. Identifies issues and engages with vendors to resolve and elevate software into production.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years data analytics, programming, database administration, or data management experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.