Make investing intuitive through the user experience
Doing the right thing for investors is what we’re all about at Vanguard, and that includes giving them the best possible user experience. In a business like ours, built around technology, the quality of digital interactions is essential. As a UX Strategist, we’ll look to you to champion dynamic best in class user experiences and leverage your expertise to deliver them. You’ll provide input on every aspect of the experience from discovery and definition to design and implementation. It will require a precise eye for detail, a knack for story-telling, and creativity, compassion, and problem-solving abilities. You’ll need excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to achieve agreement with partners and stakeholders.
This role will define strategy and design direction, and help build a highly engaging, valued experience for Vanguard clients/prospects. Your impact will reach far beyond our clients and our business to set new standards for the whole industry..
In this role, you will…
- Create world-class strategies for a wide range of user, business and marketing goals by leading program-level initiatives. Define complex problems expertly by using research, conceptualization (sketches/wireframes), visual design, information architecture, interaction, and by having a precise eye for detail on the execution. Deliver intuitive, engaging, and elegant experiences.
- Work in partnership with cross-divisional teams and senior leaders. Take into account every aspect of the user’s experience, business and marketing goals to coordinate and deliver design, prototype, documentation, and strategy to the highest possible standards.
- Design inspirational, useful, and usable experiences by placing the client/investor first while balancing business and marketing needs. Has expert knowledge in user-centered design principles, visual design, user behavior, and interactions.
- Oversee the project team on day-to-day operations of project deliverables, and problem resolution. Coordinate project schedules, assignments and work flows.
- Develop and leverage the professional network to foster collaboration across the enterprise, to support company-wide initiatives, and to improve the ability of the department in resolving issues.
- Use a variety of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to continually improve the user experience. Analyze data and client feedback in order to make critical design decisions.
- Utilize expert understanding of the latest technology and devices (including programming languages, network infrastructure, processes, web and mobile application development) to produce technically achievable and efficient interactive solutions.
- Expertly present and “sell” design solutions to senior management, project teams, partners, and stakeholders. Ensure the success of the strategy and the ability to champion the best possible user experience.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
A design experience that delivers
The Retail Client Experience and Digital strategic priority aims to provide Vanguard clients with a best-in-class experience that reflects intelligent, purposeful design. We take a client-centric approach by orienting around journeys – a client’s end-to-end experience when performing a certain task – while leveraging human-centered design and rapid experimentation to create digital experiences that exceed expectations.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in a creative or technical field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years industry/field experience.
- Interactive web design experience.
- Expert in all areas of user experience design (information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototype engineering, content).
- A high degree of creativity, empathy, passion, and problem-solving ability.
- In-depth knowledge of market research, competitive landscape, and test methods (A/B, multivariate testing).
- Proven experience solving complex communication problems and designing world-class experiences for large-scale programs.
- A deep understanding of user experience design (design, architecture, development, technology, end-users)
Specializations that will make an impact
- Expert communication skills (story-telling, visualization) and the ability to get buy-in on those ideas within a large organization.
- Proven ability to lead a team and program level initiatives to success. Ability to turn failures into successes.
- Proven experience in using data (both quantitative and qualitative) analysis techniques to inform design
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Portfolio or examples of work is required.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.