Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
This weekend, Nepali mountaineer Kami Rita Sherpa made history by summiting Mount Everest for the 26th time.
The previous record-holder? Himself.
The climber beat his own record, something he’s spent much of his storied career doing.
Kami Rita may be taking the concept to an extreme, but it’s a good reminder that in life and work, the only true competition is often ourselves.
What’s your personal best, and is the space to improve? Some of this week’s listings may create that opportunity …
This is the 12th annual Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast, and we’d love for you to join us! Even if you’re outside the Philly area, many events are virtual or have hybrid components, so take a look and consider attending:
- On Wednesday May 11, we’re hosting a free webinar on “Establishing Equitable and Transparent Compensation” as part of our involvement with the City of Philadelphia’s Most Diverse Tech Hub initiative.
- On Thursday May 12, we have our Introduced conference focused on building better companies, geared toward HR, talent and people ops professionals as well as founders, executives, entrepreneurs and ecosystem supporters. It will be followed by the Signature Event, a rooftop party and celebration of the Philly tech community. Register for both events here.
- Throughout the week, there are dozens of other community-hosted events on a wide range of topics — check out the full calendar here.
Ask a marketer: Should I build my new company’s site on WordPress or Squarespace?
On the heels of its successful first product geared toward healthcare workers, Lumify Care announces a $1.25 million seed round.
Would you go back to work for a former employer? Here’s how leadership at Crossbeam keeps employees engaged and returning to the team.
Sarah Bellamy found her job as a content specialist at Tempest through Technical.ly’s newsletter — read on and maybe you’ll be next.
- Spanish startup in the research and NGO space EyeSeeTea is hiring a Web Developer.
- Media Tradecraft is transforming the online advertising space and is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Kubecost is on the cutting edge of cloud infrastructure technology and is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer.
- Fan of Philly favorite Wawa? The PA-based company is looking for a Technical Recruiter. The role can be fully remote or hybrid.
- Tempest builds websites, provides cloud software, and builds marketing programs for local community organizations. The team is hiring a Finance Operations Specialist.
- Fastmail is transforming the inbox experience and is seeking a Support Team Lead to help strengthen its growing customer service team.
- Attention, software developers! Comcast is looking for a Software Development Engineer.
- Grow with Vanguard. The financial services company is searching for a Senior Full Stack Engineer.
- Innovation Works Baltimore is on the lookout for a Business Systems Analyst.
- Money Map Press delivers financial education to over a million subscribers every day. The team is seeking a Web Application Developer.
- Axios is hiring a Solutions Engineer.
- Attention Interns! FinLocker needs a Digital Marketing Intern.
- PNC Financial Services is looking for a variety of candidates, including:
- LeanMed is designing systems for rural hospitals and health centers. The team is seeking an Executive Program Director.
- Gecko Robotics repairs and maintains critical infrastructure and needs a Financial Planning Analyst.
- Health coach tool Equa Health is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, React Native.
Here’s to a new personal best. Good luck, and we’ll see you next time.