Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Dress for the job you want
The FDA’s approval of a coronavirus vaccine for the US has us asking ourselves some big questions lately. Like, what do we do with all of our new loungewear sets if we go back to the office? What are the odds that french terry tie dye joggers become the official new business casual? How do buttons work, again?
If the idea of sitting at a desk in anything less than 100% stretch fabric with cashmere-like softness gives you anxiety, you are not alone. But jobs are how we afford the decadent luxury of buttery-soft slip-on attire (aka: sweats), and so we are here for you — to deliver hope and career opportunity straight to your inbox, and to hold your hand (figuratively speaking) the day you must once again force your tender limbs back into course denim casts and fasten the unforgivingly starchy waistband of work pants against your spandex-coddled belly.
Calling all emerging Pittsburgh journalists. Technical.ly is proudly seeking its third Report for America recruit to cover economic development in Pittsburgh beginning in spring of 2021 for up to three years.
Check out the podcast episode that got this female writer to start investing her moolah mere minutes after listening. Off the Sidelines asked, “How can more women invest actively in their wealth?” and Jenny Abramson of Rethink Impact and Amy Griffin of G9 Ventures answered in-depth.
York, PA-based entrepreneur Jasmine Whaley recently launched a platform called Black Owned and Hiring where Black employees and allies can learn more about employers and look for job openings at Black-owned and Black-led companies. The site amplifies Black voices, “enabling Black professionals to get the inside scoop on company culture and find organizations which believe in racial equality.”
Opportunities where you’re likely to need real work clothes again, eventually:
- Fintech startup Perpay is hiring for:
- Tech-forward insurance services firm Penn Mutual is on the lookout for:
- Clean energy and smart home technology company Inspire seeks:
- Transforming the home remodeling industry with technology, Power Home Remodeling is on the prowl for:
- Investment firm Vanguard is hiring for:
- Nonprofit solving the tech talent gap LaunchCode is hiring a Managing Director.
Opportunities that will not threaten your loungewear habits:
- 1Q is hiring a Remote Senior Scala Full Stack Developer
- Starship Health Technologies, LLC seeks a Mobile-Health app developer in a coding-for-good environment
- KBMax is looking for a Remote Front End Developer (Austin, TX)
Hug your extra-soft jersey sweats a little tighter tonight as you soak in the news that a better day is just around the corner.
Happy job hunting, friends!