LaunchCode is a non-profit solving the tech talent gap and paving new pathways to economic opportunity through apprenticeships and job placement in technology. Since 2013, we’ve launched over 2,200 careers across the nation and have provided free, skills-based training to over 6,700 driven individuals. Check out our most recent impact report here.
We’re looking for a self-motivated Managing Director to help us expand tech greatness in the Philadelphia area.
The Managing Director will lead LaunchCode’s efforts in the region, having overall management and leadership of the efforts. The director will identify spectacular tech job opportunities for our candidates: hunting new leads, pitching LaunchCode’s success and mission to people who have never heard of us, maintaining fruitful relationships with partner organizations, and matching employers with the candidates of their dreams. The job is fast-paced and multi-faceted. It’s also super fun ‘ a pretty sweet deal if you ask us.
- Develop and implement a long-term strategic plan to achieve the successful local outcome of the program, identifying and maintaining key relationships in the market to ensure success.
- Speak publicly and deliver presentations to recruit participants and hiring partners generating awareness, and ultimately, signed commitments.
- Identify and advocate for local and regional financial support of the program to ensure the continuous delivery & sustainability of services.
- Assist in matching employer needs with suitable job candidates
- Coordinate company and candidate correspondence systems
- Assist in the development and implementation of an outreach and communications strategy
- Manage relevant data systems
- Manage the local team and overall success and operations in Philadelphia, including leading a team of five (2 Company Relations Managers, a Candidate Engagement Manager, and Marketing/Community Engagement Manager)
- Reports to the Senior VP of Company Relations (located in St Louis)
Qualifications – you’re perfect for this role if you…
- Aren’t terrified by reaching out to and connecting with executives — from start-up founders to the C-suite
- Possess baller communication skills, social acuity, and the ability to read people easily over the phone
- Are an effective team member in a high-intensity environment and able to thrive under pressure
- Have regular access to a computer & phone
- Have supervisory experience, especially in a sales environment
- Have a passion for increasing diversity and equity within the technology community
- Are versed in strong communication in IT fluency and knowledge of the local Philly area tech community & opportunities
- Take hearing NO as a personal challenge to get people to say YES
All full-time roles at LaunchCode come with:
- Competitive salary – This will be a salaried position in the range of 70,000-85,000, with eligibility for a commission-based bonus.
- A description of all benefits is available on our website.