Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
For certain millennials, 1985 kids adventure “The Goonies” is the ultimate nostalgia watch.
But now, one mega fan will have a chance to live it. Or, at least, live in it. The Oregon home featured in the movie went up for sale and spent just six days on the market before it was purchased.
Movie memorabilia collected by the previous owner is included in the home’s sale, which sees decent foot traffic from diehard movie fans.
Feel like you missed out on a chance to live a lifelong dream? It may not be a search for buried gold, but we’ve got lots of treasure in our job listings below.
Voting for the 2022 Technical.ly Awards ends this Wednesday. Get your votes in ASAP for Invention, Tech Community Leader, CTO, Tech Company and Culture Builder of the Year, then find out who wins on Dec. 14 in our community Slack!
With the threat of a recession looming, here’s what tech insiders are predicting for hiring trends.
M&T Bank is investing a $10,000 grant to the Latinx entrepreneurs of La Plaza Delaware in Sussex County.
Making the move to Mastodon? Here’s what one company’s leadership is keeping in mind as they transition from Twitter.
- Experience design and software development firm Think Company is looking for a Design Research Lead.
- Audio content and entertainment company Audacy is hiring a Senior Software Engineer and a QA Engineer.
- Financial services company Vanguard is hiring for several roles, including:
- Advertising and commerce startup Tidal Labs is seeking a Sr. Client Success Strategist.
- Work with Wawa! Everyone’s favorite convenience store (Sheetz, who?) is looking for a:
- Business platform Crossbeam is searching for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Investment management firm T. Rowe Price is hiring for a variety of roles, including:
- Create a spark with Ignite Capital as its Director, Portfolio Operations.
- Analytics services and technology company BlueLab Analytics is seeking a Senior Program Manager.
- Marinus Analytics is using advanced computing and AI to improve public safety globally. The AI XPRIZE-winning company needs a Senior Software Engineer.
- PNC Financial Services is seeking a:
- Innovation Works is hiring a Marketing and Events Coordinator.
Goonies never say die (or no to a new opportunity)! See you next week.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.