Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
A personal dispatch
As cats are the unspoken mascot of the Halloween season, there is never a better time to pay homage to our feline friends. This writer loves all animals, but as a proud owner of one adorable Noodle, I have to say I have a soft spot for kitties. So I thought we could celebrate this special time of year with a handwritten cameo from Miss Noodle:
“Meow, meow, meow, Kibble, meow, meow, meow, meow
My human is on deadline and pays more attention to this newsletter than me.
Rai;hi4ht;IRLHWI;LGH;ILLKglkbkg [from a sassy walk across the keyboard]”
Pure poetry. Now, let’s sink our claws into some tech news and jobs.
OK, I will concede dogs are pretty special, too. Murphy Cares agrees. The app, developed by a Philadelphia nurse, allows subscribers to order on-demand puppy time.
Negative is a good thing when it comes to carbon. The search engine DuckDuckGo recently achieved a significant sustainability goal of offsetting all the CO2 it had produced since its founding in 2008.
Temple University Small Business Development Center is making an impact close to home as well. The SBDC aims to help small business owners start their own websites and expand their digital footprint.
Delaware’s own SBDC wants to lend a hand, too. Look out for free upcoming “How to Start a Business” webinars on Oct. 20, Nov. 11 and Nov. 17.
URBN’s in-house software engineers say they get all the professional development right at the company’s chic home in the Navy Yard. Learn more about the brand’s tech opportunities here.
- Extra, extra: For all you journalists, the Delaware Community Foundation Journalism Internship Program is seeking applicants who identify as BIPOC for its paid summer 2022 positions. Apply here; the deadline is Nov. 15!
- *Ding, ding* That’s the sound of opportunity hitting your inbox. Fastmail is hiring:
- Green energy is the game Inspire wants to play. Check out these responsibly sourced job opps:
- IncentFit is seeking a Junior Marketing and Sales Rep.
- Have you heard of Comcast? If the answer is yes, check out the media mogul’s slate of open jobs:
- Get hands-on at The Tactile Group as a Cyber Security Engineer.
- Linode is all about hosting (open-sourced, cloud hosting, that is). The firm is also home to plenty of open jobs:
The Remote Stuff:
- Solutions Consultant at QuotaPath (Philadelphia, Austin or remote)
- Senior Growth Analyst at Crossbeam
- Intermediate Devops Engineer at Tribaja
- .NET/Full Stack Developer at EverWash
Any closing words, Noodle? … *stares in sassy silence*
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.