Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Quick reminder in case you forgot: It’s no longer April.
Usually by this point in the summer, the days are packed with activities, and it can be tough to fit everything in before we blink and it’s Labor Day. In 2020, not so much.
Limited gatherings, canceled events and closed youth programs and summer camps all add up to a lot of hours to fill, with fewer options to fill them.
Well fear no more — if you’ve been feeling the Cabin Fever and are looking for a worthwhile reason to venture outside, The Philadelphia Inquirer’s got you covered with this rundown of local family attractions, including all the COVID-related changes they’re making to help keep visitors and workers safe.
From hayrides to zip-lines, there’s bound to be something on the list that makes you want to leave your couch. And if you end up taking the family to Sesame Place, tell them your visit was brought to you by the letters T, W, I and J.
Super Meetup, Technical.ly’s annual gathering of meetup groups across our markets, is going all-virtual this year (no surprise) and being reimagined as a series of lightning tech talks and interactive trivia (OK, that part is kinda surprising). Check it out on Thursday, Aug. 13 — sign up and register here.
Working to renovate the reputation of a notoriously stressful industry, Power Home Remodeling is taking a different approach by putting its technology and customer experience first. Learn more about the Chester-based team, and check out their open roles here.
As we close out Design Month in our editorial calendar, check out this recap of a recent PhillyCHI event in which three Black UX designers shared insights into their processes and tips for other designers. August’s editorial topic is Workplace Culture, so send through your story ideas and look out for coverage on that theme all month.
- Quick on your feet and ready to call plays on the fly? Penn Mutual needs a new Agile Coach on its team. I have just been informed this job has nothing to do with sports.
- Vanguard, the Malvern-based financial services giant, is looking for those with ample experience:
- The geospatial data experts at Azavea are conducting a search for a Software Engineer.
- Fintech startup Perpay is putting out a call for engineers of all types:
- Edtech platform KickUp seeks a Software Engineer.
- Engine Room has room for one more — if you’re an Application Developer.
Got your home office set up just right? These jobs are fully remote:
- Synthetic Minds is looking for a Remote Software Engineer with experience in program synthesizers (but leave your EDM demo behind, they don’t mean that type of synthesizer).
- If you’re excited about manufacturing and robotics, READY Robotics is looking for its own Remote Software Engineer.
- Scalable Path is on the search for a Frontend React and HTML5 Developer.
That’s it for this week — stay cool and safe on your outside adventures.
Happy job hunting!