Make investing intuitive through the user experience
The Senior UX Designer will lead user interface design services. Develops and executes interface design solutions related to the user experience. Partners with teams across the division in defining and communicating the design direction.
In this role you will
- Provides senior level user interface (UI) design services, including designing highly usable web page/site layout, navigation, and content elements while maximizing system performance. Provides UI services to project team members. Translates business requirements and user needs into UI designs.
- Works in partnership with cross-departmental teams and business leaders. Takes into account every aspect of the user’s experience, with business and marketing goals, to coordinate and deliver design, prototype, and documentation, to the highest possible standards. Has advanced knowledge of user-centered design principles, visual design, user behavior, interactions, and Vanguard’s brand.
- Uses a variety of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to continually improve the user experience. Analyzes data and user feedback in order to make critical design decisions. Utilizes technical knowledge to produce achievable and efficient solutions.
- Presents design solutions to senior management, project teams, partners, and stakeholders. Recommends improvements in UI design elements that enable internal business partners to achieve their goals.
- Facilitates and presents at design reviews. Presents story boards regarding UI design elements.
- Tests UI design as it’s developed to ensure pages project desired look and feel. Recommends improvements in web functionality, navigation, and UI design elements. Serves as an informal functional tester for web UI design projects.
- Trains and mentors junior staff in best practices of user experience design. Provides guidance, training, and motivation.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Don’t just innovate, lead
Vanguard Digital Advisor (DA) is an all-digital financial planning and money management service that offers a personalized advice plan with a low minimum and fee. Alongside Personal Advisor Services, Digital Advisor will expand Vanguard’s set of advice offers to reach a broader group of investors—a real win for those who are earlier in their investing journey and have a preference for using an online service.
- Minimum five years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in a creative or technical field.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.