Create the products that are changing an industry
We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of building software, you’ll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at pace. Your work as a Lead Appian Engineer will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach, it will change the way the world invests. Make it count.
In this role you will
- Play pivotal role in developing Appian based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Empower junior team members through coaching and mentoring
- Lead automation of functional and performance testing
- Enable automation of functions using RPA tools and AI/ML
- Enable deployment, monitoring and automation testing tools
- Establish and implement metrics to track team velocity, quality and performance
Bring invention to investing
Vanguard recently started a new transformation program to develop next generation Business Process System using Appian low-code platform. For this program, we are looking for passionate and energetic Senior Engineers. You will have the opportunity to work with business stakeholders in developing technical solutions and provide a unique opportunity to work with robotics and AI/ML to improve overall automation.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5+ years software engineering experience specially focusing on Appian Technology
- Ability to implement instrumentation to gather business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
Specializations that’ll make an impact
Vanguard is looking for a strong technologist that can lead a development of next generation business processing system using Appian technology and Appian low-code platform features to rapidly deliver powerful solutions. This project is part of wider technology transformation program at Vanguard. This position offers unique opportunity to work with business and technology leadership to develop business operations system that can meet future challenges.
- Skilled Appian expertise to leading teams in design and development of complex solutions
- Passionate about technology and stay current with technology changes
- Experience in integrating systems across multiple platforms including Appian and AWS
- Good at leading cross functional teams
- Experience in lean development methodologies
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Bamboo, Jenkins.
- Experience in developing plugins for Appian is a plus
- Advance knowledge of Java and SQL is a plus
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.