Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Rain, rain go away
It’s been a couple of dreary days in the city with plenty of gray skies. But a rainy weekend has a few perks. It gives you the chance to look out of your window like you’re the star of an early 2000s pop music video.
And holing up on a rainy day means you have a little time for some introspection. Doesn’t it seem like the best things in life come after a little “rain,” heartache or frustration? As the queen of 2000s music videos Natasha Bedingfield sings: “Feel the rain on your skin, No one else can feel it for you, Only you can let it in.”
We’re not in the business of philosophizing over here at Technical.ly, but we hope you take this as a sign that if the job search process has felt like one long rainy day, there’s bound to be some good news in the near future. And you’re starting in the right place with TWIJ.
Besides flowers, May is sure to bring lots of networking and learning opportunities. The 11th annual Philly Tech Week Presented by Comcast kicks off on May 7. Within the week’s docket of exciting events focused on innovation in the region, you’ll find the Introduced by Technical.ly daylong conference on May 13, which will take you on a deep dive into building better workplaces. Another PTW21 event is the free (yes, free!) Developers Conference for curious engineers interested in case studies and built-in networking sessions on May 11.
For the First Staters who want to hit the books, the nonprofit Tech Impact is offering mid-level professionals free Java and Oracle courses, starting at the end of April.
Looking forward to the future doesn’t mean we ignore the problems of the present. For Technical.ly’s Funding Women Founders Month, Managing Editor Julie Zeglen illuminated readers about the funding disparities often faced by women, with even sharper rifts for Black and Latinx women founders.
- Like all the cool stuff we’re doing at Technically Media? Join the squad as our next Marketing Manager.
- Get hired as Pinnacle 21’s Customer Success Manager and let us know what the view is like at the top.
- Mega media company Comcast wants you to fill these job openings:
- Startup success story Crossbeam is rapidly growing and seeks a Full-Stack Engineer.
- Work BTS of Perpay’s consumer financing product as the company’s next:
- Speaking of BTS, as a prolific cloud-hosting service provider, Linode is likely behind some of your favorite apps or sites. Join the company’s very special crew:
- Emerging software firm STRATIS IoT is seeking a Senior Mobile Developer versed in Kotlin.
- Wanna make some headlines? The Philadelphia Inquirer is on the hunt for a QA Test Engineer.
- The collab masters at the Cambridge Innovation Center want the support of a Sales & Relationship Manager.
- Step up to the plate as the next Software Engineer Summer Associate at The Phillies.
Knuckle down at home with these fully remote opportunities:
- Lead Software Developer (Angular/Ionic) at Fitty
- Remote Senior Java Developer at McDonald’s Corporation
- Front-End Engineer at Axios
Gotta go splash in some puddles. Have a good week!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.