Software Development Engineer 3 (SDE3)
McDonald’s, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is seeking a skilled Principal Engineer to lead the transformation and ongoing evolution of our Point of Sale (POS) and Restaurant
In this strategy and transformation focused role, you will partner with our Product Management and Architecture teams to define and oversee execution of the forward-looking vision of McDonald’s POS and Restaurant Technologies and the high-value transformation initiatives that will fuel our journey. Additionally, you will be the primary owner of our relationship with our 3rd party engineering vendors.
That said, the biggest area of increase in our spending has been in technology, which is helping to drive our growth. We’re looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience; build new customer experiences; reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees’ jobs more interesting and rewarding. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the team that is helping to make a Better McDonald’s!
- Contribute to all aspects of the agile development life cycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
- As a software development engineer on a team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, road map and development of product features from beginning to end.
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all team deliverables.
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important priorities.
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Highly quantitative with great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to launch to delivery