Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
No, it’s not misinformation — Merriam-Webster has deemed “gaslighting” its word of the year.
Its origins come from a 1938 play, but the term’s popularity has surged in the past year. Gaslight means to manipulate a person, often over an extended period of time, to the point where they question their mental stability.
While the rise of gaslight suggests more falsehoods out in the world, we assure you the news and opportunities we share are the real thing. Read on for jobs, news and more.
Voting is now open for the 2022 Technical.ly Awards! Cast your vote for Invention, Tech Community Leader, CTO, Tech Company and Culture Builder of the Year through Dec. 7.
Finding government contracts is becoming simpler with the help of the Arlington-based social network Bidscale.
Want to support students and STEM? Here are some dos and don’ts for local partnerships through your company.
Here are the lessons these Philly-area founders and investors learned during the pandemic.
As virtual currency grows in popularity, cybercrime is on the rise. Here’s how the FBI is working with the private sector to prevent crime.
- Certified B Corp Inspire is hiring a variety of roles, including:
- SaaS company Listrak is searching for a Software Engineer.
- Experience design and software development firm Think Company is on the lookout for a React Developer.
- Spotify is seeking a Director of Engineering, Content Integrity.
- Nonprofit Campus Philly is looking for a Partnership Specialist.
- Global financial services firm Macquarie is seeking several new hires, including:
- Perpay, a fintech company with a social impact, is searching for a:
- Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission is searching for a Planning Data Specialist.
- Investment management firm T. Rowe Price is hiring for a variety of roles, including:
- Create a spark with Ignite Capital as its Director, Portfolio Operations.
- National nonprofit Education Design Lab is seeking an Education Designer.
- PNC Financial Services is seeking a:
- Duolingo is on the lookout for a Head of Data Science.
- Carnegie Mellon University is hiring a Sr. CMS Developer to work with Computing Services.
Seek the truth, and we’ll see you back here soon.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.