The Content Integrity team builds systems that ensure the material on Spotify is legal and meets the standards we’ve laid out as a company. Our team is growing quickly since we provide foundational capabilities for the business to support new features and content types against a backdrop of new risks and new regulation. Examples of our work ranges from finding copyright infringement to actioning hate speech and disinformation.
We are seeking a Director of Engineering to lead the growth of our platform for ensuring the integrity of the content on Spotify.
What You'll Do
- Be a technical and people leader accountable for success of your team
- Guide the direction and delivery of systems that meaningfully improve the integrity of content on Spotify
- Manage a team of engineering managers and help grow the craft and careers of individual engineers
- Build connections across functions and across the company and continually improve the health and collaboration of the organization.
Who You Are
- You have a track record of growing a team and delivering meaningful business impact amid ambiguity.
- You are an experienced manager of large engineering teams
- You know how to navigate a large or complex organization to align stakeholders, make difficult decisions, and lead across disciplines
- Experience with building platforms or working in spaces such as Online Safety or Regulatory Compliance are beneficial but not required.
Where You Will Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
- Working hours? We operate within the EST time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located there
What is Spotify’s workplace culture like in general?
It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from or what music you love, at Spotify, you’ll be part of a brand that’s reimagining the entertainment industry. Our open collaborative environment and innovative, audacious brand gives you the opportunity to grow, have fun and do your best work.
For an inside look at Spotify’s culture, check out our band manifesto
What are some of the benefits you offer?
There are benefits to being in our band, and we’re not just talking about free Spotify Premium. Our rewards reflect our inclusive values and are extended to every band member, regardless of location or seniority.
● Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
● Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
● Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
● All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
● Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
● Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events
What is Spotify’s approach to work-life balance?
Some of us work better in the office. Some of us are more productive at home. And many of us find we’re most effective when we have options. Here at Spotify, we don’t just recognize that one-desk-doesn’t-fit-all. We celebrate it with a Work From Anywhere Program that allows you to do just that.
We believe we’re happier and more productive when we have the freedom to choose where we work. It helps us find better ways to communicate and collaborate with one another. It means we can work with the very best people for the job, regardless of what city or country they call home. It helps us to become a more diverse place to work, a place that can flex with our people as their lives and ambitions change. And perhaps best of all, it supports a better work-life balance. A life-work balance.