We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team builds simple, transparent and inclusive products that transform borrowing behavior and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 5 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time. Backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan.
Our office inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it. We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a new, open floor plan, river-front office. A coffee bar sits at the heart of the office with espresso, drip coffee, cold brew and tea options. The rest of the office has comfortable, open seating including: sitting desks, standing desks, couches, lounge chairs, and kitchen booths & tables. We provide catered lunches and weekly groceries so team members can make breakfast or lunch, or just snack -we don’t judge. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping with an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
About the Role:
We are looking for someone with an insatiable level of curiosity and a passion for learning new skills and applying them to real world problems. The role of a Data Scientist at Perpay encompasses modeling and probabilistic analysis, building and maintaining the data science infrastructure, solution deployment, and communication with stakeholders. As a member of the Data Science group, you will be exposed to all aspects of the business, be it risk, marketing or commerce and provide impactful insights for decision making.
- Perform advanced data analytics utilizing mathematics, probability, and statistics
- Develop machine learning models and tooling for various business domains
- Deploy models into continuous training architecture and perform maintenance on data science infrastructure
- Present results and analyses to the companies leadership team
- Provide mentorship to junior members
- Act as a subject matter expert in the industry generally and Perpay specifically, establishing a solid foundation to be better positioned for long-term career success
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Chemistry, Physics)
- Minimum three years work experience in related field required
- High level of expertise in machine learning, mathematics, probability and statistics
- Proficient with Python, preferred o Proficient using SQL for acquiring and transforming data (2+ years required)
- Experience in building and maintaining cloud computing architectures, AWS Preferred
- Knowledgable in modern Machine Learning deployment patterns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate for technical solutions to engineering teams and business audiences
Nice to Haves:
- Effective project management, problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience implementing machine learning solutions at scale
- Natural curiosity and a desire to learn
- Experience processing, filtering and presenting large quantities of data
- Bonus: Strong knowledge and understanding of financial services
Hey, we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!