Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Are you feeling lucky? Today might be the perfect day to try something new.
Even if you’re not a numerologist, there’s something pleasing about the date 2-22-22 (or the palindromic 22-02-22 if you go by day, month, year). Vegas is anticipating more marriages than 7.7.07, and even a fair amount of expectant parents are hoping today’s the day.
You might not have a grand plan for “Twosday,” but the day’s just getting started. Is there something worth celebrating? Want to try something new? Could today be the first in your new job search? (If so, you’ll want to keep reading …)
Close to 30% of young and low-income people primarily access the internet through their mobile devices. What does cellular reliance mean for access?
For Philly-based Vistar Media, working with talented engineers keeps the team engaged.
Arcadia is making it easy for people to take a stance against climate change. The Maryland-based company uses data and technology to easily connect customers to clean energy.
Pittsburgh high schooler Steven Liu is seeing green. The senior was named one of the top 40 finalists in the Regeneron Science Talent Search for his work turning algae into biofuel.
When software developer Matthew Klein first used a computer, he knew he’d found his calling. At FinLocker, he’s developing software to improve people’s financial health.
Wanna work with us? Technically Media is seeking an Engagement Manager (Remote) to help our stories reach a bigger audience.
- Thrilling is creating an ecommerce marketplace for vintage apparel stores and is seeking a Brand and Email Design & Developer to join its team.
- Passionate about financial education? FinLocker is hiring a Digital Product Manager.
- Zeplin is creating content for its tech-savvy audience and needs a Content Developer to help grow its library.
- Audio content and entertainment company Audacy is hiring a Sr. Incident and Problem Manager, Technical Operations. Work with the company’s first (and newly hired) CTO.
- Macquarie prioritizes tech-forward financial services and is seeking to grow its team with a variety of roles, including:
- Ark Ideas offers technology and marketing services in the mobile space. The Center City-based team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Crossbeam is creating a first-of-its-kind platform and needs a Customer Success Specialist.
- SmartLogic is hiring a Vice President of Business Development.
- Looking for a client-focused technical role? 14 West is seeking a Sr. Technical Specialist, Enterprise Monitoring to join its team.
- Parity in Baltimore is looking for a Head of Culture & Experience.
- Searching for a career in financial services? PNC is hiring for several roles in the area, including:
- Carnegie Mellon University is searching for a Linux Systems Administrator to work within the Information Technology Services team.
- Fifth Season is seeking a Director of Grab & Go, Food Service to help grow the vertical farming company’s reach.
And three bonus jobs to get us to a nice round 22:
- Guru needs a remote Senior Software Engineer.
- URBN needs a Senior DevOps Engineer.
- Wawa needs an Information Security Engineering Team Lead.
Make this Twosday, “You-s-day.” We’ll see you next week when we’ll make a better rhyming effort.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.