Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Sign up for the newsletter here.
November note: For the next several weeks, we’re trialing a single consolidated national TWIJ rather than our separate geographically focused versions. We’ve heard from both jobseekers and hiring companies over the last year that they’re increasingly interested in opportunities beyond their immediate region, and we hope you enjoy this updated format. We will be sharing a reader survey later in November for feedback, and if you have immediate thoughts or questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Somewhere under the tree
It’s the holiday season, which means it’s time to scramble for gifts for your loved ones as time seemingly moves at an accelerated rate. We’ve all had those internal fits of rage as you scroll through website after website searching for the perfect gift. But it’s important to remember, you have to stay cool.
Much like when you’re job hunting, patience is crucial. You may not know exactly what you’re searching for yet, but once you see an opportunity that intrigues you, you’ll know right away. Then comes the important part of securing that job (or gift) before anyone else does.
It may not always work out how you’d like, but there’s no sense in giving up. At some point, you’ll find the ideal opportunity and no one will be able to take it away from you. So stay strong!
Morgan State University recently teamed up with the National Football League to create a data analytics initiative in order to inspire more Black people to pursue careers in data science.
With unemployment still at high levels, companies must adjust in order to secure and retain talent. Check out how four Philly-based tech companies have tweaked their hiring process amid the pandemic.
The Smithsonian Arts and Industries Building recently debuted a tech-driven FUTURES exhibition, which aims to present an optimistic perspective of how our future will look.
- Philly-based QuotaPath is searching for a Full Stack Software Engineer, ideally someone who has experience with React, TypeScript, or Python. The company also needs a Product Designer to help shape its long-term future.
- Axios, based in Virginia, is looking for a Software Engineer and Senior Data Engineer to help improve and grow its existing codebases.
- STRATIS IoT wants to find a Principal Software Engineer to create and maintain its backend cloud/software infrastructure.
- Want to help streamline the drug approval process so patients can get life-saving medicine quicker? Join Pinnacle 21 as a Software Engineer or Software Test Engineer to help improve the technology that makes this goal achievable.
- Penn Interactive aims to be the best sports betting app in the industry, so push your chips to the middle of the table and apply to help reach this goal. The company is seeking to hire a Senior Data Scientist and Data Engineer to work on its Barstool Sportsbook product.
- Didn’t think we’d be hiring too, did you? Philly-based Technically Media is bringing on an Editorial Director to help grow the company’s online communities.
- Custom software development company SmartLogic is looking to hire a Software Project Manager.
- Want to help people access low rates for car payments? Join Caribou as a Senior Software Engineer for Data or DevOps.
- Kion, the cloud governance software company formerly known as cloudtamer.io, is looking to improve its already solid footing in the market. The company needs a Senior Account Executive and Product Marketing Director to maximize the product’s sales potential.
- The AlphaLab Health accelerator program is looking for a Senior Program Manager to support growth in Pittsburgh’s life sciences startup community.
- PNC Financial Services is bringing on an Enterprise Architect Senior for its Emerging Technologies team.
- Want to develop software for the medtech industry? Apply at Rimsys to become a Full-Stack Software Engineer or Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer.
- eNGINE needs a Site Reliability Engineer.
Never stop searching. I’ll see you soon!