Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
It’s taxing, we know.
If you are reading this, you know it’s tax day Wednesday. Either because you already knew, or because we just told you.
And whether you messengered a meticulous spreadsheet of expenses and color-coded receipts in chronological order on January first, or spent the last 24 hours cursing under your breath at the financial succubus that is TurboTax, all that matters is you did it.
Now you can spend your time looking for that shiny new W2 in the list of jobs below!
Job fair alert! INTER/VIEW Virtual, organized by Technical.ly sister site Generocity, will take place on Wednesday, July 22, from 9:30 a.m. to noon EST as part of the all-virtual Philly Tech Week 2020 presented by Comcast. Featuring panel conversations, lightning round chats and a dedicated expo area, attendees can meet with some of Philly’s top mission-driven organizations.
Run a comb through your ‘do, people, this is not a drill. If you currently find yourself unemployed and in need a new headshot, Don Mann PhotographyInc. will be snapping free shots from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on July 22 in Wilmington at the Christiana Mall. In Philly, you can grab them at MHamiltonVisuals Photography Studio in Germantown.
In other event news, PTW2020 is teaming up with the heads of Nerd Street Gamers and Balti Virtual to host, for the first time ever, the Gaming as a Social Movement event, featuring convos with local industry leaders and a friendly match of Rocket League at 1 p.m. EST on Thursday, July 23.
And don’t forget to check out our latest episode of The TWIJ Show, where Technical.ly CEO Chris Wink and HR veterans Talia Edundsom and Tamara Rasberry take on the topic of deciding when furloughing employees is the right decision, and how to welcome them back when they return.
*Learn on the job*
- Deacom in hilly Chesterbrook has a great opportunity for entry-level professionals or career changers with its Software Consulting Specialist 15-week self-start training program that trains candidates to become a Process Engineer / Implementation Consultant.
- Financial investment firm Vanguard has an opportunity for people who like to use a lot of words to explain what they do: Senior Data Scientist / Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / AI/ML Scientist
- Deacom is also hiring a Data Specialist.
- Vanguard is on the lookout for two UX pros: a UX Strategist – CX Journey Lab – XLR8 (2) and a Senior UX Designer – Enterprise Advice.
- Center-city based fintech startup Perpay has its eye on a Product Designer.
- Deacom is hiring a Cyber Security Engineer. Kinda like if Paul Blart: Mall Cop was a technologist. Except, not at all like that.
Software Engineers (in order of experience, for your viewing pleasure)
- Here’s an Entry Level Software Developer available at Deacom.
- Vanguard is on the hunt for a Mid-Level Software Developer.
- Azavea is looking for a Software Engineer (which from what we can tell also falls into the mid-level of qualifications).
- Perpay is hiring a Full Stack Engineer.
- Getting into roles that require a bit more experience, Vanguard is also hiring a Senior Full-Stack Engineer.
- And Deacom — which is apparently on a hiring spree! — has an opening for a Senior Software Developer.
- Perpay is hiring a Performance Marketer. No theatre background needed.
- WizeHive is buzzing over its Implementation Specialist role.
And, hey, we’re mostly working remotely anyways, but in case you want it to stay that way forever, here’s a few opps:
- Egoditor is hiring a Remote Full Stack PHP Developer
- Vamstar seeks a Remote Senior Software Engineer
- Atomwise is on the prowl for a Remote Senior Software Engineer Cloud
Thanks for joining us again, folks. Let’s all count the hours until we see one another next time. Unless you still haven’t finished your taxes. In that case, do them first — pine later.
Happy job hunting, friends.