Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Rain, rain don’t go away
Undisputed national treasure Hilary Duff once sang, “Let the rain fall down and wake my dreams. Let it wash away my sanity. ‘Cause I wanna feel the thunder, I wanna scream. Let the rain fall down — I’m coming clean.”
We couldn’t help but feel our own dreams were awakened during Monday’s thunderstorms. Mostly because it was too loud to sleep, but also because, although social isolation can be sad and dreary, it’s a good time to take stock of what we really want out of our careers.
If you haven’t felt motivated to do this yet, don’t worry. This week’s forecast shows another chance of rain and thunder later this week and weekend. Meanwhile, Duff’s music is timeless and available on all streaming platforms.
Power Home Remodeling shared its approach to companywide diversity and inclusion, including its annual Cultural Diversity & Inclusion Summit and an internal program it calls Code Academy — an immersive six-month coding bootcamp that trains employees from other Power departments for entry-level developer roles. But that’s not all! It’s also hiring. Two reasons to dive in and read more.
Nth Round has been making the … well, rounds … of the fintech scene. The startup helps employers and their employees understand what to do with the equity they earn. It’s a small company, and currently no jobs line its job board, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take the initiative to reach out, introduce yourself and show your interest in working there. Just ask yourself, What Would Duff Do (WWDD)? We think she’d want to feel that sweet thunder of making connections with cool new startups.
- Mobile and web geospatial data applications developer Azavea is hiring a Software Engineer. This place has worked on projects for NASA, so, it’s like, way smart.
- Pinnacle 21 — creator of the industry-leading clinical data standardization platform that streamlines the drug approval process — is hiring a Product Designer to take the lead of design and development across a suite of enterprise products.
- Power Home Remodeling is a tech company disguised as a home remodeling company. Well, it really does remodel home exteriors, it’s just that it’s based around technology — you know what? It’s great and it’s hiring up, let’s just leave it at that.
- Calling all engineers — software company Vistar Media wants a whole bunch of ya:
- Community Behavioral Health has put out a REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) OPPORTUNITY: Web Developer. We’re not sure it meant to yell, we figure the company is just really excited for all of your applications.
- Fastmail is on the prowl for a Platform and Operations Team Lead.
- Montgomery County Community College is hiring a 3D Modeling Instructor–Adjunct.
- Kodable seeks a Remote Senior Web Developer.
- Space 48 is on the lookout for a Remote Frontend Developer.
- And file this one under “job titles that won’t fit on your business card so save your money,” DIGARC is hiring a Remote Senior Software Engineer Angular 2 For Student Success Software.
Next time a soggy day leaves you feeling low, remember Duff’s wise revelation — rainy days don’t quash your dreams, they bring them back to life!
Or it’s time we stop watching reruns of “Laguna Beach.”
Happy job hunting, friends.-30-
This Week in Jobs: Please Do Not Touch Museum
This Week in Jobs: Take me out to the … never mind
This Week in Jobs: The dog days of summer job hunting
This Week in Jobs: Pony up to the taxman before you scope this list of jobs
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware