Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
It’s getting hot out here
It’s not officially summer yet (and doesn’t start until June 21) but it sure does feel swampy. The summer means sweaty walks to the corner store, to the subway, to the bar for happy hour. To cool off, we recommend stoopin’ once the sun goes down.
While it’s hot out there, you can turn the dial up on your job search and resume revamp. Let’s get into this week’s TWIJ so you can get back to fanning yourself with your newspaper.
How is a company’s culture affected by its CEO’s statement (or silence) about a political topic? Technically Media CEO Chris Wink discusses what sort of voice and action employees are looking for from their company leaders and points out that taking no action still speaks volumes.
The COVID-19 pandemic highlighted areas of digital inequity, prompting the city’s Office of Innovation and Technology to launch a $10 million fund to fill those gaps. Technical.ly reporter Paige Gross lays out how the office accelerated processes to best serve the city during a time of need.
And down in the First State, the next great minds in tech are being shaped by the Delaware STEAM Academy, which teaches skills like coding and machine learning to K-12 students. Warm weather and sun at the DE Steam Academy means a summer coding camp for kids of all levels.
- Pick up on all the hot summer trends at URBN:
- Need a clean slate? Work with the clean energy and smart home wizzes at Inspire:
- Get to the top of your next mountaintop with Pinnacle 21 as a Customer Success Manager.
- The software firm Tempest wants you to join the ranks:
- You know who Comcast is. With a big batch of open jobs, now you can work for them:
- Make things happen as the Growth Marketing Manager for Houwzer.
- Be on the cutting edge at STRATIS IoT as a Senior DevOps Engineer.
Crank that window unit up and get WFH-ready with these fully remote jobs:
- Associate Software Engineer at Listrak
- Remote Full Stack Developer at Spora Health
- Full Stack Engineer at cloudtamer.io
Don’t forget to drink your wooder. Same time next week?
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.