We’re interrupting our regularly scheduled TWIJ to bring you the latest dispatches from the 13th annual Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast.
The events kicked off last week, but there’s plenty of time to come on down, mingle and network IRL.
Registration is now closed for the NET/WORK tech jobs fair, so if you already have your ticket, we’ll see you tomorrow at Perpay’s office!
Read on to learn about a few other featured events.
Technical.ly Developers Conference
In its 11th year, the Technical.ly Developers Conference features tech talks with a focus on software trends and networking opportunities with hiring companies and tech professionals.
BREAKING NEWS: THE DEVELOPERS CONFERENCE IS NOW SOLD OUT!
If you already got your ticket, we’ll see you on Wednesday, May 10 from 2 to 7 p.m. at HealthVerity’s office for workshops and speaker sessions, including:
- “Building a New Kiosk at Wawa Scale” with Alex Brown, Wawa Backend Engineering Leader and Young Hong, Wawa Sr. Director of IT Business Solutions
- “Designing for AI in a Digital Product” with Tim Quirino, Threads.com Head of Brand
- “Lessons from Google’s UX Research Team” with Kristen Gallagher, Google
- “Velocity, How to Go Fast and Not Break Things” with Nico Westerdale, Accelerator CTO Managing Partner
- “Navigating Technical Leadership at a Consultancy” with TJ Famodu, Fearless Director of Engineering
- “How Comcast Improves the Customer Experience with AI/ML” with Ferhan Ture, Comcast Technical Fellow (Applied AI)
- “Miracles in Anarchy: Adventures in Open Source Development” with Timothy Allen, Wharton Research Data Principal Engineer
- “Creating an AI-Powered Chatbot with Python and OpenAI’s GPT API” with Tariq Hook, Code Differently Lead Innovator & Cofounder
- “Overcoming Impostor Syndrome” with Ashley Griffin, HealthVerity Engineering Manager
- “Building a Career as an IC” with Rebecca Stark, Crossbeam Staff Engineer
- “Rebranding the Department of “NO”!” with Diane Tracy, Vanguard Senior Delivery Manager and Joe DiAngelo, Vanguard Senior Security Architect
- “Creating Software Ecosystems with Distributed Microservices” with Gary Mumford, Berkadia Chief Technology Officer and Patrick Neborg, Berkadia VP of Data Architecture
- “Platform Engineering: the Good, Bad and Ugly” with Josh Kodroff, Pulumi Corp Sr Solutions Architect
- “How to Prepare for AI Regulations” with Andrew Gamino-Cheong, Trustible CTO & Cofounder
- “Navigating Engineering Growth” with Patrick O’Brien, HealthVerity VP of Engineering
After the sessions, there will be a networking happy hour from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. featuring tabling from hiring companies and the return of SUPER MEETUP — a gathering of several local technical meetup groups. Find all the event details here.
Technical.ly Builders Conference + Philly Tech Week Signature Event
Help us close out Tech Week at the Builders Conference, followed by The Signature Event.
Join us Thursday, May 11 during the day for a series of panels and speakers, then stick around in the evening for the Signature Event, a 700+ person networking party. Enjoy wine and beer, heavy apps, and interactive technology including games and robots.
Register for the conference, party or both now — keep in mind there’s no day-of registration, so get your ticket ASAP!
A special thank you
Shoutout to Philly Tech Week’s incredible sponsors, who make this event possible!
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners
- Morgan Lewis
- Penn Center for Innovation
- The Tactile Group
- PHL: Most Diverse Tech Hub
- International SOS
- Cashman & Associates
- Ballard Spahr
- Freya Systems
- Temple University Geography and Urban Studies
- University City Science Center
- BNY Mellon
Can’t wait to catch up in person this week! Share your experience on social with #PTW23.
We’ll be back next week with your regular serving of news and jobs.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.