Many in the Technical.ly community fall into two groups: “company builders” focused on growing teams and cultures within their organizations, and “ecosystem builders” who support and make connections across organizations.
No matter which of those you may be, there’s something for you at the Builders Conference on May 11.
The anchor event of the 13th annual Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast, the Builders Conference is appropriately being held at the Comcast Technology Center, and programming will take place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Doors open at 9 a.m., when you can begin networking, grab a coffee and start your day among peers new and old. Speakers and sessions for both groups of Builders proceed throughout the day, followed by the Signature Event from 6 to 9 p.m. We consider this the closing party for PTW, with music, food, drinks, tech demos, networking and fun!
Take a look at the full agenda below, and be sure to register by Monday, May 8.
Get tickets to the Builders Conference
- Welcome from Comcast’s Sam Schwartz and Ebonne Ruffins
- Technical.ly’s Tech Economy Outlook
- Chris Wink, CEO and cofounder, Technical.ly
- The New Rules of the Innovation Economy: Team Building & Ecosystem Growing in a Post-Pandemic World
- Brian Brackeen, General Partner, Lightship Capital
- Nasir Qadree, Founder and Managing Partner, Zeal Capital Partners
- Karl Fowlkes, Managing Partner, The Fowlkes Firm and Cofounder/COO, Evgle
- Allison Goldberg, SVP and Managing Partner, Comcast Ventures and Startup Engagement Manager, Comcast Ventures, LIFT Labs and Comcast NBCU SportsTech
- Company Builders Track — A New Age of Tech Company Growth: RealLIST Startups
- Rebecca Rosenberg, CEO, ReBokeh Vision Technologies
- Art Robinson, CEO, BLK DYMND Rewards
- Hafeezah Muhammad, CEO, Youme Healthcare
- Julie Zeglen, Managing Editor, Technical.ly
- Ecosystem Builders Track — How Are Tech Economies Growing Now?: RealLIST Connectors
- Sameer Rao, Editor, Technical.ly
- Jeff Bodle, Partner, Emerging Business and Technology Practice, Morgan Lewis
- Anthony P. Green, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Denita L. Henderson, Managing Director, Pennovation Works
- Mike Ravenscroft, Managing Director, Maryland Momentum Fund
12 to 1 p.m.
- Lunch + The Universal Sphere open to attendees
- Company Builders Track — Everyone is (Still) Hiring Everywhere: How High-Growth Companies Tell Their Story To Stand Out
- Michaela Althouse, DC Reporter, Technical.ly
- Jabari Adams, Managing Director of Company Relations, LaunchCode Philadelphia
- Jamie Calabria, Talent & Culture Manager, Crossbeam
- Heather Nally, Executive Director, Talent Brand and Marketing, Comcast
- Ecosystem Builders Track — THRIVING: What the Innovation Economy Means for Everybody Else
- Sophie Bryan, Project Director, The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Monique Curry-Mims, Principal and Founder, Civic Capital
- Mike O’Bryan, Founder, Humanature; Distinguished Resident Fellow, The Lindy Institute for Urban Innovation at Drexel University
- Tammi Thomas, Chief Development and Marketing Officer, TEDCO
- Tempest Carter, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Philadelphia Department of Commerce
- Company Builders Track — Growing Diverse Tech Teams: Case Studies
- Tracy Curry, Human Resources Director, Fearless
- Ximena Hartstock, Cofounder and CEO, BuildWithin
- Jorge Nieves, Executive Director, Cyber Security — Governance, Risk and Compliance, Comcast
- Ecosystem Builders Track — Every Voice, Every Vote: Tech, Policy and Activism
- Paige Gross, Senior Reporter, Technical.ly
- John Foster, Partner and COO, Fearless
- Hua Wang, Executive Director (Global Innovation Forum), National Foreign Trade Council
- Anne Gemmell, A- Gemm Consulting
- Company Builders Track — Remote Work, Employee Engagement and Avoiding Burnout Hell
- Christina Kristofic, Editorial Director at Technical.ly
- Anil Karmel, Cofounder and CEO, RegScale
- Melissa Richardson, VP of Team Success, Kleer
- Kimberly Klayman, Partner, Ballard Spahr
- Ecosystem Builders Track — Inclusive Entrepreneurship and the Future
- Alanah Nichole Davis, Baltimore Reporter, Technical.ly
- Nikisha Bailey, Founder, Win Win Coffee Bar; GM, Nvak Collective; Executive Board, The Recording Academy
- Uva Coles, Chief Learning Officer, Spring Point Partners
- Tiara Durham, Director of New Ventures + Science Center, University City Science Center
4 to 5 p.m.
- How To Be Human: Facilitated Networking
- Anna Greenwald, Founder and CEO, Anna on the Goga
- The Universal Sphere open to attendees
6 to 9 p.m.
- Signature Event
A special thanks to our event sponsors:
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners
- Morgan Lewis
- Penn Center for Innovation
- Most Diverse Tech Hub (City of Philadelphia Commerce Department)
- University City Science Center
- BNY Mellon
The day will be packed with valuable insights, and you’ll definitely walk away looking at your organization and local tech scene differently. Join us on May 11 and together we’ll build something special.
Get tickets to the Builders Conference
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.