Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Is it just us, or is it 2002?
If you missed the news last week, OG Bennifer, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck, announced they’re engaged … again.
After 18 years apart, the duo is giving it another go. With age may come perspective, wisdom and experience.
You might not be contemplating rekindling a long-lost romance, but could it be time to give something a second chance? Whether it’s a hobby, career path or pipe dream, it’s never too late to try something again.
Why do diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives matter? DEI pro Amber Jones explains in Technical.ly’s latest workshop series, part of the City of Philadelphia’s PHL: Most Diverse Tech Hub initiative.
Spring has sprung, even indoors. Maryland-based indoor gardening startup Gardyn just raised a $35 million Series B round.
From Amazon to Starbucks, there’s a new union movement rising across America. Here’s how it’s transforming the labor movement.
Slowly, but surely, the gender wage gap is closing. Young women in these 16 metro areas are reportedly outearning their male counterparts.
- SmartLogic is seeking a variety of hires, including a:
- AI-powered software for optimizing electric vehicle charging Ampcontrol is hiring a Python Developer.
- Inspire, with offices in Santa Monica, CA and Philadelphia, PA, is looking for a Sr. Manager, Revenue & Receivables, to help customers access clean energy.
- Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission is looking for a Junior Software Engineer.
- Attention, cloud specialists! URBN is hiring a Marketing Cloud Specialist to help unify its communication channels.
- Vanguard is seeking an Entry-level Developer.
- Fastmail is reenvisioning email and is searching for a Customer Advocate/Support Technician.
- Heads up, interns! Personal finance app FinLocker is hiring a variety of summer internship roles, including:
- Media company Axios is hiring for roles based in its Arlington, VA office, including:
- Fast-growing Series A-stage startup Kion is developing cloud enablement solutions, and is looking for a:
- Seeking a career in financial services? PNC is hiring for several roles in the area, including:
- Behaivior is helping people in recovery through wearables and AI. The team is growing, and has an immediate need for a:
- Symmetric Health Solutions is hiring a:
We all deserve a second chance. We’ll be back next Tuesday.