Urban Outfitters, Inc. (“URBN”), is a leading lifestyle products and services company which operates a portfolio of global consumer brands comprised of Anthropologie, BHLDN, Free People, Terrain, Urban Outfitters and Nuuly brands and the Food and Beverage division. Urban Outfitters, Inc., is a Fortune 1000 company with $4 Billion in revenue.
|Title||URBN Marketing Cloud Strategist|
|Reports to||Sr Mgr Marketing Systems|
In 2021, URBN implemented Salesforce Marketing Cloud and CDP to unify its communication channels, including online advertising, email, SMS, push, in-app messaging, personalization, and journey orchestration. Shared Services seeks an ownership-oriented IT Salesforce Marketing Product Manager to deliver URBN’s technical roadmap for the platform.
|Responsibilities||· Support brand teams in the creation of reporting, exports, and data-driven campaigns via email, push and SMS via documentation, training sessions and office hours.|
· Partner with the strategy team to design solutions to enterprise objectives such as cross channel communication within the marketing platform.
· Maintain relationship with Salesforce and coordinate maintenance windows, support processes and business reviews.
· Collect and prioritize enhancement requests for implementation and the platform.
· Serve as admin for Salesforce Marketing environment, maintaining integrations and working with Salesforce Service Cloud team as necessary
· Roadmap and design custom solutions for brand teams and work with marketing systems team to implement enhancements
|Qualifications||· 3 years of project leadership experience including presenting to large groups|
· 5 years of experience managing Salesforce implementations or an active Salesforce Marketing Cloud environment with knowledge of Journey Builder, Web Studio, Einstein, Mobile Studio, Audience Studio, Interaction Studio and Advertising Studio.
· 2 years writing AMPscript to accomplish data and customization goals within Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
· 2 years writing original SQL, with an understanding of joins and data profiling
|Job Skills||· Marketing Cloud Administrator Certification required|
· Skill in driving and managing business discussions, including planning and change management
· Technology experience with onsite personalization and online advertising preferred
· Familiarity with HTML templating and dynamic content coding preferred
· Familiarity with standard marketing metrics and reporting preferred
What is the internal culture like at URBN?
It’s all about communication and collaboration. There are no silos, no corporate hierarchy. Execs here are normal people who know everyone’s names.
Everything feels very open; open minded, open offices without many doors, open to dogs (on-leash, except at the dog park). And there’s no dress code. You’re encouraged to express yourself through your clothing and be comfortable.
What’s great about URBN is that it has the stability of a corporate company with a startup mentality. There’s room to play with ideas, try things out. If they don’t work, the team can try again. There’s a lot of opportunity for creativity.
Tell us a little bit about the perks of working on the URBN campus.
It’s such a creative company that even if you’re in accounting, there are plenty of opportunities to benefit from the creativity.
Here are a handful of the perks available at URBN:
● Fitness and financial wellness opportunities
● Alterations and dry cleaning done on campus
● A company newsletter featuring behind the scenes content, pet profiles, people’s side hustles and more
● Mobile Vet Service
● Discounts at the Franklin Institute
● 6 free sessions with a nutritionist
● Discounted classes at the Fleisher Art Museum
Describe a day in the life of a technologist (or three) at URBN HQ.
Yen Duong, Software Engineer at URBN: One of the best things is that most of us are customers of the brands we work on. As a user of my product, it’s easy to understand the feedback we get from customers and the problems we need to solve.
No day is the same. We deploy new code every week. There are always new challenges and we’re allowed to research and introduce new technologies.
Carolina Fojo, UX Research Manager at URBN: Research is such a strategic place to be at URBN. We’re constantly thinking about our customers and the growth opportunities. There’s no end in sight when you’re dealing with millions of customers. The opportunities are endless, which is really exciting.
Than Hedman, Software Engineering Manager for Services and Streams at Nuuly: It’s a collaborative effort between tech and fashion. We talk to everyone from customer service to warehouse buyers to stylists about what the platform needs to do. I work on facilitating that conversation.
It’s so cool to be around people who are passionate about things like packing design and logistics.
What do you look for in job candidates?
The hiring process is a little different for each brand and department.
We don’t expect technologists to know all of our brands inside and out. What we really want to see is your coding experience, your passion for new ecommerce technology and the ideas you have to move us forward. We love to hear suggestions.
Interviews for tech-based jobs will always be project-based. We’ll ask you to do some coding challenges and want to see your GitHub page.
We also want to see what you can add within our laid back, yet entrepreneurial culture. We look for good communicators who can interface with all of our brands and who are passionate about what they’re doing.
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly