(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Celebrate good times
March 24 was a holiday near and dear to us: National Cheesesteak Day. Sure, it happens just once per year, but this city tradition of eating proper Amoroso rolls and shaved meat topped with steaming Cheese Wiz and fried onions is forever. Spirited debates about the best way to order a cheesesteak have been happening for about just as long, too.
Whether you take your cheesesteaks with provolone, American, peppers, onions, ketchup or mayo, we can all agree that there’s something special about Philly, the city we’re lucky to call home. Something just out-of-the-box enough to make the rest of the world turn to us, head cocked and say “Huh?” If you haven’t heard, no one likes us, and we don’t care! Must be something in the wooder.
Regardless, we’re just happy you’re here with us. Channel that extra-special Philly energy into your next interview to stand out, and try to tell us that asking someone’s preferred cheesesteak order isn’t the best icebreaker of all time. You just can’t.
In the spirit of Philly cheer, homegrown goPuff hit a wild landmark last week. The delivery startup garnered a $1.15 billion investment, bringing its total valuation to $8.9 billion. Wowza.
Comcast also threw its hat into the ring of top-dollar investments, pledging to funnel $1 billion into its Internet Essentials program, which is dedicated to addressing digital inequity, over the next decade. And Comcast NBCUniversal shared the love with a $100,000 grant for the Steppingstone Scholars. The money will fund the organization’s Inveniam program which provides STEM-based programming for K-12 students.
Now let’s get down to the next big thing in your professional journey!
- Tech dev provider Inspire seeks enlightened folk for the following gigs:
- Cash in as the next Product Systems Specialist for financial institution Penn Mutual.
- Take a chance on the sports betting host Penn Interactive (and contribute to Barstool Sportsbook):
- Fashion-forward URBN wants you to be its next:
- Want to take that elevator ride up to media stalwart Comcast’s floor? These jobs may be for you:
- Put your skills to work at WSFS Bank as the Senior Website Manager.
- Waste no time as biotech firm Strella’s Full Stack Developer — Front End Focus.
- Lead as the Executive Director (PT position!) of the women-powered nonprofit Impact100 Philadelphia.
- Tech Impact seeks a troubleshooting master for a Service Desk Support — Tier 1 position.
We don’t blame you if you never want to leave Philly — or your house. Here are some fully remote opportunities:
- Developer Consultant at Litterati
- Mid-Level Developer — React.js and React Native at SmartLogic
- Remote Software Engineer Distribution Systems at Cribl
Thanks for indulging in TWIJ. Happy Tuesday!
Cool Job Alert: OpenForge needs an Angular developer to boost its Startup Wars game
Ambler’s Phenom raises a $100M Series D after acquiring 3 companies in 6 months
This Week in Jobs Philly: The Wizard of Philly
How Piano’s CEO is thinking about growing the B2B software company’s workforce during the pandemic and beyond
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia