Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
One year ago, we compared watching the NFL draft to enduring seasonal allergies.
Why? Way too many allergy meds. Probably. Who can remember?
Well, this weekend, like clockwork, we were back to poppin’ Bennies (aka Benadryl), and grinding our teeth over picks. And though the Philadelphia Eagles served up some controversial decision making this year, we found that Benadryl’s drowsy-ing effect was just the ticket for staying calm. After all, it’s hard to throw things at the TV when you’re drooling on a couch pillow.
Anyways … what are we supposed to be talking about? Oh yes, jobs. Here we go.
Has your small company been rocked by the COVID-19 crisis? Ours (Technically Media) too. Here’s how we’re getting through it.
And in other us-specific news, we’ve recently introduced the Technical.ly Journalism Fund, a pool of funding that will help us expand our newsroom as we deepen our focus on a wealth and poverty beat during this recession. Take a peek at how you can help, either at an organizational or independent level.
Big news: The Paycheck Protection Program is open again. Check out what it was like for Center City web dev startup Engine Room to get a loan approved in round one, and take a gander at additional funding resources.
Engineer your way into one of these roles:
- Adtech company Vistar Media is hiring a Software Engineer.
- The “artisans of ERP software” at Deacom are looking for the three little bears of software: an Entry Level Software Developer, a Software Developer and a Senior Software Developer.
- Fintech company Perpay seeks that special soul who can guide a young, impressionable bot into an intelligent, insightful grownup bot. Otherwise known as a Machine Learning Engineer.
- Known for its mobile and web geospatial data applications, Azavea is always on the lookout for its next new Software Engineer.
- Blackfynn, the company that makes sense of complex data to treat neurological diseases, and not the evil, but secretly misunderstood fish from a Disney movie, is hiring a Senior Back-End Engineer.
- Stop. Collaborate and listen … up, because Sidecar is hiring a Software Engineer to join its Search and Shopping Engineering team in “one of the most collaborative offices in Center City.”
- Hope you’re hungry. Philly-founded salad and stir fry restaurant honeygrow is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer with experience in React, React Native and NodeJS.
- Global proprietary trading firm Susquehanna International Group is on the prowl for an Automated Test Solutions Engineer
- Are life sciences your most favorite sciences of all the sciences? HealthVerity is hiring a Sales Engineer, Media to be its healthcare technology subject matter expert.
Never go back to work — in person. These jobs are remote:
- OliBank is on the lookout for a Remote FinTech Developer. (It’d be cool if fintech meant maintenance on shark fins. Man, we’re really into sharks today, aren’t we?)
- Railroad 19 is hiring a Remote Lead API Automated Software Development Engineer in Test ~ SDET.
- REPAY wants YOU to be its next Remote Full Stack Developer. Well, if you’re qualified.
As always, thanks for joining us this week folks. We’ll be back next week with more musings on sharks. Maybe an entire shark theme. Yes. We are very into this. When the Benadryl wears off, we’ll circle back and make sure all of this makes sense.
Happy job hunting, friends.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.