Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Watch out for brain freeze
Oh January, you sneaky little minx. You usher in the promise of a fresh, clean slate whilst quickly reminding us that nothing actually changes once the ball drops.
While January 2021 has felt like that annoying coworker who asks one inane question after another extending a meeting that should’ve ended over 20 minutes ago, it’s an important time to remember that life will continue to throw us lemons no matter how much we’ve been through already. It’s what you throw those lemons into a blender with to make a frozen tropical beverage that matters.
So take a look at the opportunities below, pick your ingredients and blend those delicious fruits into a satisfying career smoothie, friends.
Heads up: Technical.ly is priming to launch Culture Builder, a new weekly email newsletter. It will in no way replace TWIJ, ‘cuz it focuses more on those doing the hiring, rather than those seeking to be hired (so you can put your protest signs down). Culture Builder is designed for hiring managers, HR leaders and startup CEOs, and will feature tips, advice and insight into how your org can be more effective, productive and happy. Stayed tuned for next week’s TWIJ when we share the sign up link.
Want to start a business but kinda have no idea how to start? You’re in luck. Not in that you don’t know anything, but because the University Science Center is launching a new (and free) program for first-time entrepreneurs to learn the basics of, well, being a first-time entrepreneur. It’s called OnRamp and it kicks off Jan 21. To attend the virtual kickoff, learn more here.
Consider this the tropical smoothie of job postings in that it’s a lot of different types of jobs all blended together. Aka: read closely!
- Smart home wind subscription company Inspire seeks:
- No suit, no tie, no problem because financial institution Penn Mutual is hiring:
- The home remodeling company remodeling the industry of home remodeling, Power Home Remodeling, is on the lookout for:
- The urban-chic parent you always wanted, URBN, is hiring for these roles:
- The Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies seeks a Marketing Content & PR Manager
- RevZilla is looking for a Software Engineer III – Ruby
- IncentFit is hiring a Demand Generation Marketing Manager
- Fulton Bank seeks a Senior Salesforce Solutions Developer (REMOTE)
- Advicefront is hiring a Remote Senior Back end Developer
- And Cluby is on the lookout for a Remote React Software Developer (Helsinki, Finland)
The unfortunate part of this week’s email is that we now very much want a smoothie but don’t have the equipment nor the physical tolerance to consume ice-cold drinks in freezing weather.
Oh well, at least the jobs were plentiful this week. Join us next week, won’t you?
Happy job hunting, friends.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.