(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
And we’re back!
We’ve overdosed on holiday sweets, napped for hours on end and became one with our pajamas. But now, it’s time to get back on the job hunting horse and ride once again.
Like a modern day Jack and the Beanstalk, this list of virtual events in January will help grow your tech and business knowledge until it reaches the sky, where you can then fool a giant out of some gold coins and live happily ever after with your mom. Or, simply grow your biz and tech skills, minus all of the rigorous beanstalk climbing. Please note, two of these events have already passed, but there are still six more to go.
New year, exciting new editorial calendar. Take a look at 12 themes we plan to cover here at Technical.ly in 2021 — barring any new life- and work-interrupting pandemics (why would we even say that?) — and how you can play a role in helping create some of the content. Diving right into the deep end, we’re kicking off the year with January’s theme, “What’s next for the economy?”
Early-stage startups in Delaware, this one’s for you. Startup 302, sponsored by the Delaware Prosperity Partnership, is a pitch competition with a goal to support equity in funding. Applications are open through Feb. 12 for “technology-enabled startups with at least one founding team member from an underrepresented group.”
- You heard it here first, folks. Technically Media is hiring:
- Open source-focused cloud hosting provider Linode is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who “loves putting out fires” but not literally enough to take a job as a firefighter instead.
- Perpay is looking to fill a “unique and pivotal” Senior Software Engineer position that reports directly to the CTO. Lest you forget the most pivotal role of all time, watch this masterpiece.
- Macquarie is on the prowl for some data talent:
- Speaking of data, Vanguard has a great deal going on for seniors:
- And would you look at that, Swarthmore College is also on the hunt for a Senior Data Delivery Engineer. Anyone looking for a career change, data is so hot right now.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer is hiring:
- MRI Online — an interactive educational platform for continuing ed credits for docs all over the globe — seeks a Product Manager.
- xtraCHEF is hiring a Senior Product Manager, Digital Payments.
- Axios seeks a Senior React Native Engineer (Mobile).
Wow. Being back in the saddle feels better than ever. So get excited for a new year of enthusiastically written job content because we’re ready to bring it to you like it’s never been brought before. See you next week, friends.
Happy job hunting.-30-
This Week in Jobs DE: The final TWIJ of 2020
This Week in Jobs DE: The end of career loungewear?
This Week in Jobs DE: New year, accelerators and bootcamps on the block
This Week in Jobs DE: Fresh dev gigs that pair well with leftovers
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware