Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Everyone loves new stuff. Or old stuff that’s new to you. And possibly even new stuff you bought for someone else but can’t stop thinking about and finally must buy for yourself.
To save the planet, it’s wise to buy recycled and sustainable products. To save your bank account, it’s even wiser for your friends to hold a virtual intervention about your quarantine-induced online shopping habit slash the reason you own 14 chic fleece throws, four slightly different merino wool sweatshirt and pants sets (for the lounging!), and 50 houseplants, 45 of which you don’t have enough direct sunlight for because you live in a Philly rowhome — and redirect that time applying for a new job.
Speaking of new stuff, here’s what we’ve got for ya, hot off the job boards.
We know Philly is the shiz, it’s just nice when other people say it. Wooed by our fine city’s progressive values and social impact events like Made in America’s Cause Village, Wisconsin-based American Family Insurance Institute for Corporate and Social Impact has developed a taste for cheesesteaks. Figuratively speaking, of course. The AmFam Institute spoke with us about its active interest in building relationships with social impact entrepreneurs and investors in Philly. Hint hint …
The goal? More Black businesses in Philly. The short answer: advocacy, funding and social capital. The long answer: Read this and let’s get movin’.
NEW! NEW! NEW!
- Vanguard is on the prowl for a Mid-Level Software Developer. Actually, you know what guys, just go straight to their full list (click the jobs tab). Holy moly, opportunities abound.
- URBN is hiring an Associate Software Engineer.
- Penn Mutual has been looking to fill a couple of specialist jobs for a while but we’re going to include them in this list of newness because, really, do you want to miss out on being a Product Systems Specialist responsible for the creation, testing, and maintenance of product-related calculation models? Rhetorical question. Of course you don’t. Your other option is Insurance Product Owner Business Transformation Specialist. Just as important, but takes longer to say.
- Inspire is on the lookout for an Operations Analyst.
- The Institutes — wait, all of them? Oh, no … it’s a single nonprofit that providers risk management and property-casualty insurance education — has an opening for a Lead Java/ PL/SQL Developer.
- Power Home Remodeling is rollin’ in new opportunities:
- Harmelin Media is on the hunt for a Sr. Digital Media Planner.
- And finally, The Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders seeks a Director of Data and Evaluation. Data roles are so hot right now.
REMOTE! REMOTE! REMOTE!
- Didilabs is hiring a Remote Mobile Application Developer.
- Axios seeks a Senior Mobile Engineer.
- MeetEdgar is dying to meet its next Remote PT Full Stack Developer.
Online shopping can become a very addictive habit. We won’t tell you why we know so much about it. We, just, uh … knew a friend — a friend of a friend — who struggled with it.
Anyways, we hope you have a truly wonderful week. And even if it’s cold and raining, and that sweet, sweet coziness of a new cable-knit sweater is calling you across the interwebs, remember: Careers over cashmeres.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.