Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
This weekend, Lizzo made SNL history when she was the first woman host to also introduce herself as a musical artist on the episode.
It’s a reminder that you don’t need a formal invitation (or introduction) to do what you love. If you’re waiting for permission, maybe it’s time to just do it yourself.
Dice’s Equality in Tech Report reveals there has been very little sentiment change around gender discrimination and the tech industry.
Game on! Delaware’s gaming industry is booming, with a youth-focused partnership between Wilmington University and the state’s esports tournament startup, Futures First Gaming.
After decades of decline, startups are booming once again. But, will this revival last?
Among Google’s announced $9.5 billion investment in US offices and data centers includes $15 million for Pennsylvania and a Pittsburgh office expansion.
- Legaltech/fintech platform RightNow is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Philly-based clients services platform Crossbeam is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer.
- Pet genetics startup Basepaws is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer.
- Sales compensation platform QuotaPath is searching for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Audio content and entertainment company Audacy needs a Sr. Software Engineer, Client Services for its remote or Denver-based office.
- Macquarie is building a scalable global platform and needs a Scrum Master to help spearhead the process, as well as a Quality Engineer.
- Wawa is hiring a Sr. Data Platform Engineer.
- Vanguard is growing, and needs a:
- Public-relations, marketing, creative, and events agency The Brand Guild is searching for a Senior Digital Marketing Manager.
- Heads up, interns! Personal finance app FinLocker is hiring a variety of summer internship roles, including:
- Media company Axios is hiring for roles based in its Arlington, VA office, including:
- Fast-growing Series A-stage startup Kion is developing cloud enablement solutions, and is looking for a:
- SmartLogic is seeking an Operations Manager.
- Seeking a career in financial services? PNC is hiring for several roles in the area, including:
- Pearl Street Technologies is developing software for a sustainable power grid and is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Next-generation farming technology company Four Growers is seeking a:
Walk in like you own the place, and we’ll see you back here next week.