Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
The Emmys may be over, but the 10th annual — and first-ever all-virtual — Philly Tech Week 2020 presented by Comcast has just arrived on the red carpet. It’s truly a who’s who of the tech industry out here this week, people — and they’re serving us looks and innovation.
One thing is for sure: Fleece hoodies are officially back. And it looks like the Apple Watch Series 6 may be tracking just about everyone’s oxygen levels these days — you can almost taste the wrist rainbow up in these virtual panels. Incredible stuff.
As the week goes on, prepare to be dazzled by impeccably designed Zoom backdrops, star-studded talks and conferences, and exclusive access to exciting networking opportunities you will only find here at PTW20.
Back to you, Ryan Seacrest.
We know you aren’t here for the bad jokes. You’re here for the jobs. The bad jokes just happen to be a surprisingly delightful bonus … right?
… Right, everyone?
To maximize your virtual PTW20 experience — and avoid missing your favorite speaker or chance to connect with your tech shop of choice — take a scroll through these links featuring conference schedules, speakers and companies looking to hire.
- Don’t miss a thing. First off, take a look at this short list of events on the PTW20 Community Calendar, from deep technical talks to a live streamed global music tech conference — or take a gander at the whole shebang and see/do as much as you can!
- Be prepared. Here’s a roster of 40+ speakers that will fill nearly 16 hours of programming during Technical.ly’s two pillar business conferences: Introduced by Technical.ly and the Developers Conference. Now, it’s time to study up on who to meet:
- We’ve got the 411 on the dozen tech companies scheduled to attend the Developers Conference on Sept. 23. Thanks to our reporters, the list comes chock full of details sure to make you sound like you’ve been researching the companies for months.
- For the Introduced by Technical.ly conference on Sept. 25, we’ve prepared a guide of the companies that are looking to make some new hires, so you can log on prepared to “network like a boss.” Unless you’re already a boss, in which case you can network like yourself.
- Honor greatness. Nominate the remarkable technologists of Philly, Delaware, D.C., Baltimore and Pittsburgh for the RealLIST Engineers 2020 by Oct. 15.
- Take in some history. Looking for a little more context around this whole PTW situation? Our fearless leader Chris Wink reflects on the last 10 years of Philly Tech Week in this insightful read.
We’ve given you a lot to digest already, so we’ll serve up these jobs in fast-absorbing liquid form. In other words, no funny business.
- Pinnacle 21
- Think Company
- Harmelin Media
- On The Goga
- Program Manager.
- Sidenote: How did the makers of Gogurt miss the opportunity to use this for their tagline? Gah, retrospect!
Remote jobs. Minimal funny business.
- Double hitter. SmartLogic is hiring a remote Product Designer AND a Developer – Ruby on Rails.
- Agilis Chemicals sounds like a fun start to a magic spell, but is involved in no such activities. It is, however, looking for a Remote Senior Software Engineer with 5+ years experience.
- Sparrow Vision is looking for a Remote IOS Developer. Are sparrows known for having superior vision? If so, it shouldn’t be looking for long.
- Follow up — we Googled, and it does indeed appear that sparrows can see way better than us measly humans. Carry on.
This section is called the “end” but it’s actually just the beginning. Get out there and work the heck out of this week-long virtual learning and networking event. Opportunity is knocking — so put on some pants and answer the door.