Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Celebrities, they’re just like us.
This weekend’s chance celebrity encounter was a great reminder of the power of reconnecting.
Songstress superstar Adele halted her Las Vegas set Saturday evening when she spotted her doctor in the audience. In fact, she stopped singing mid-“When We Were Young” to inform the audience this unexpected guest delivered her son.
It’s a fun moment that serves as a reminder to check in with old contacts, especially before the end of the year. Whether it’s reminiscing or learning about a new opportunity, make time for a little networking in your life. You could even reach out to them with one of this week’s new jobs.
What’s happening at Wawa is way more than meets the eye. The popular convenience store chain is investing in technology to enhance the retail experience.
Enough bytes to cause a fright! Here’s how Kennywood uses technology to power its Phantom Fall Fest.
Mark your calendars for Nov. 10. Join Technical.ly and Philadelphia’s Department of Commerce for the year’s last Tech Industry Partnership gathering.
Get that glow from home with the help of this father/daughter duo developing an at-home facial device.
Philly + Delaware
- Kleer is on a mission to provide dental care to all, and the team is seeking a Patient Marketing Manager.
- Medical and security services company International SOS is hiring a Senior Product Manager.
- Step into a career in smarter storage. CubeSmart is seeking a Manager, Data Engineering.
- Data and healthcare startup HealthVerity is searching for a variety of hires, including:
DC + Baltimore
- Impact-focused digital services integrator Fearless is hiring a:
- IT firm Peraton is seeking a Technical Writing Manager.
- Software engineering company TeamWorx Security is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory is seeking a Lead Web Developer.
- Hatch is hiring a Control Systems Engineer.
- Multi-platform audio company Audacy is searching for a Chief Engineer.
- Schell Games is looking for a Senior Game Engineering Manager.
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute is on the lookout for an Autonomy Engineer.
- Digital sports media company The Athletic is looking for an Android Engineer.
- Health insurance startup Oscar Health is hiring a Compliance Data Associate.
- Educational insight company Renaissance is searching for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Nonprofit diabetes data company Tidepool is on the lookout for a Data Scientist.
Is it time to say, “Hello, it’s me,” to an old contact? See you again soon!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.