Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Just when we think we’ve seen it all, we come across a list of the “best pee funnels for road trips.”
We didn’t even know there was such a thing, much less enough options to warrant a “best of” list. Alas, here we are. One moment, blissfully unaware of the range in urination innovation, and the next, urgently purchasing a Tinkle Bell Urination Device (it’s dishwasher safe!).
Oh, life, you crazy thing.
It just goes to show that there’s always more to discover. Maybe you feel stuck in your job, but don’t think you can transition into a new field. Or perhaps you are still searching for a career that lights your fire but haven’t found it yet. It’s out there, folks, just waiting to be discovered. Just like the PeeBuddy Disposable Urinal.
Last week we told you all about the Developer’s Conference happening Wednesday, Sept. 23, during Philly Tech Week 2020 presented by Comcast. This week we’re giving you a sneak peak at the companies that will be there. And hey, they’re hiring. So read up, take notes and prepare for job hunting domination.
Speaking of PTW20, which we will be doing a LOT (so buckle up), a few new sessions just hit the Introduced conference schedule. Remember, the conference is on Friday, Sept. 25, and will introduce (see what we did there?) you to people, ideas and innovation working to better workplaces and create more equitable hometowns.
- SAP is not a person who cries at Hallmark commercials. But it is an enterprise software company that builds lasting relationships with its employees. So … not too far off. Here’s two of its newest job listings:
- Dig them digits? Vanguard has a lineup of the ages for the seasoned data pro:
- Can you fix it? Let’s hope so, because Power Home Remodeling is looking for a couple of digital builders:
- Azavea is a certified B Corp that builds mobile and web geospatial data applications. That means it makes the world a better place while working on projects for teeny tiny, under the radar orgs like NASA. Get on in there!
- Investment services firm Penn Mutual is on the hunt for a couple of specialists:
- Greenphire is hiring up on devs:
- Praetorian Cybersecurity is looking for a Remote Senior Software Engineer Who Likes Microservices.
- Boyle Software is hiring a Remote Senior Java Developer.
If your dream gig wasn’t on this list, don’t stop searching! There’s always more on our jobs board, updated and available to you 24/7. And, of course, we’re here to help if you need it.
Happy job hunting, friends.