Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Last week, it was revealed at the UN Ocean Conference that nearly a quarter of the Earth’s ocean floor has now been mapped.
When you think about how much we’ve explored, it seems like both a lot, and perhaps very little. There’s so much more to learn and discover about something seemingly familiar.
You may not be an oceanographer, but it’s a good reminder how much is out there, still unexplored.
Ready to dive into it? Check out this week’s listings.
As a part of our coverage of Racial Equity in Tech Month, learn how these corporate and nonprofit organizations work to boost DEI efforts in their communities, and how these hiring orgs are prioritizing DEI for their employees.
With a background in film and a transition to product management, learn why there’s never a boring day for Ashley Cecere in her role at URBN.
Can we use technology to foster healthier virtual habits for children? Philly-founded Virgils is using its VR platform to create a sense of connection for kids online.
In the latest edition of How I Got Here, Pass IT On CEO Willie Sanders Jr. sheds light on his nontraditional journey through the tech industry.
- Ready to make some music? Spotify is hiring a variety of roles, including:
- Jarvis Innovations is a team of civic-minded, data-driven decision-makers searching for a DataOps/Data Engineer to help its mission.
- Looking to create change in the advertising industry? Jun Group is seeking a Ruby On Rails Developer.
- Exyn Technologies is on the lookout for a Lead Talent Acquisition Partner.
- Back to school! CampusESP is changing the way parents stay informed of their college students and is seeking a Marketing Specialist to join its team.
- Inspire is hiring a Member Experience Specialist.
- Work with Wawa. The team is looking for a Technical Architect and Senior Enterprise Applications Management Analyst.
- Media startup Axios is hiring for several roles, including:
- 14 West is searching for an IT Support Specialist.
- Custom software development consultancy SmartLogic is looking for a Mid level Ruby on Rails or Elixir Developer and a Staff Engineer.
- Innovation Works of Baltimore is seeking a Business Systems Analyst.
- Black Tech Nation is hiring an Executive Administrative Assistant.
- KEF Robotics is pioneering visual autonomy for aircrafts, and needs a Software Engineer and a Senior Machine Learning/Computer Vision Engineer.
- Ready to write? Technical.ly needs a Pittsburgh Reporter.
Keep exploring! We’ll see you next week.