Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
It’s a cruel, cruel summer.
Can you get a restraining order on a season? Because summer is being a real stage-five clinger.
Maybe if everyone in Philly buys an anti-humidifier and puts it outside at the same time … ahh, forget it. Guess it’s best to just stay inside and catch a breeze cruising down the highway of careers. Aka: this newsletter.
The News (about Philly Tech Week)
Yous guys, meet Raz. Guy Raz. The “How I Built This” podcast host for NPR will be this year’s keynote speaker at Introduced by Technical.ly on Sept. 25 — one of Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast’s most popular all-day conferences. It is PTW’s 10th annual event, but the very first in an entirely virtual setting. You know what that means: NPR — no pants required. JK. Please cover your bottoms. Tickets for Introduced are ready for purchase ($100) and the first 300 registrants will get a signed copy of Raz’s brand-new book.
Let’s keep this train runnin’! PTW20’s Signature Event — “Philly’s Nerd Met Gala” — will take place on Sept. 24. This event promises excitement at every turn: Cosplay. Awards. Live trivia. Your ticket price goes to support our journalism and community organizing via the Technical.ly Journalism Fund. Because you can handle the truth. And you deserve it.
And finally, a little something for the devs: PTW20 is bringing back the always popular, all-day Dev Conference on Sept. 23 (and yes, we realize we wrote these events in reverse chronological order). Here’s a look at how the day will shake out.
A roundup for devs and non-devs alike:
- Promptworks is hiring a Sales Development Representative.
- Perpay is on the prowl for a Head of Merchandising.
- Macquarie seeks a Senior Front Office Developer.
- Deacom has its eyes and ears open for a Software Consulting Specialist.
- Inspire is on the lookout for a Member Experience Specialist.
- Philadelphia School Partnership seeks an Operations and Data Analyst, Apply Philly Charter.
- And Greenphire has a pair of dev openings — Python Developer and Lead Application Developer.
- CAI is hiring a Remote Senior Developer Junior Architect
- Graphic Language seeks a Remote Mid Level Front end Responsive Developer
- BairesDev is on the hunt for a Remote .NET Developer
Thanks for joining us this week, friends. We will find out if seasons can be officially recognized as threats and get back to you on whether or not the restraining order is a go. Come on, fall!
‘Til next time — happy job hunting.-30-
This Week in Jobs: Fresh as a brand new funnel
This Week in Jobs: Engineers and product peeps are hot for fall
This Week in Jobs: 45+ tech job listings from entry level to director
This Week in Jobs: TP’ing the job hunt
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia