Job Profile Summary
Sr Developer/ Jr Architect- Java
- This position is a long term – right to hire role. There are no on-site requirements and candidates can work from home. Due to the nature of the job and our Client requirement the following work auth is: USC or Green Card.
- Java development background is best and someone who has taken on lead responsibilities, more senior responsibilities and can show he has worked in a complex environment is best. Must have exp with database from the side of an architect.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Takes a lead role for analyzing, designing, coding, testing, and implementing more complex application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
- Utilizes and participates in the more complex full system development life cycle, per current SDLC standards.
- Takes a lead role in collaborating with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Concentrates on providing innovative solutions to more complex business needs.
- Takes a lead role in providing required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24×7 supports when necessary.
- Performs work in compliance with all IT standards, policies, and procedures.
- Actively takes a leading role and participates on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience.
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in Healthcare or Health Insurance Industry
- Experience with technology platforms, application development tools, business processes, software
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field*
- 5 – 7 years of experience as a developer
Licenses or Certifications:
- Certification in applicable areas such as DB2 Certification, Cognos Certification, etc. a plus
- Technical skills
- Java, IMS, DB2, Cobol,
- Project Management Tools
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with the ADA and other federal, state, and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard, and monitor