Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
For those unaware, today is National Pretzel Day.
In case you were wondering, the invention of the pretzel is thought to be tied to the Catholic church, when ingredients like meat, dairy and eggs were prohibited during Lent. The treats grew in popularity, to the point where they were handed out by monks to their pupils as a reward for answering questions correctly.
All this is a roundabout way to say, maybe you deserve a treat today for doing your best. Grab a pretzel and some mustard, and check out today’s job postings.
Technical.ly’s Developers Conference is almost here! The free event, part of Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast, returns on May 10 with virtual tech talks and in-person discussions and networking. Register for free and check out more info here.
A technologist’s take on tarot: Philly-based technologist and consultant Kara Lindstrom crafted a custom deck as a teaching tool to help clients define their leadership style.
Tuugi Chuluum, associate professor of finance at Loyola University Maryland, explains the poison pill strategy and how it could have kept Elon Musk’s bid for Twitter at bay. Alas, it seems to have not been used after all.
History repeats itself, even when it comes to hiring and the workforce. In this week’s Culture Builder newsletter, here’s what we can learn from 1948 and 1973’s “Great Resignations.”
What is zero trust architecture, and how might it change the practices of the federal government? Guest writer and senior cybersecurity specialist for technology solutions provider Sentient Digital Inc., Chuck Lewis, dives deep into the topic.
Linode cloud software engineer Gavin Chen found his job through Technical.ly’s newsletters. Read more and maybe you’ll follow in his steps.
- Pixellu is making running a photography business easier. The software startup is hiring a Lead Product Designer.
- Tucows is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
- Elite talent network Toptal is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer.
- ReturnLogic wants to make the return process easier for businesses and customers. The PA-headquartered tech startup is looking for a:
- URBN is seeking a Junior Desktop Analyst.
- Disaster recovery planning and response platform Infinite Blue is looking for a Professional Services Consultant.
- Business services platform Crossbeam is searching for a Senior Front End Engineer.
- Wawa is hiring an Application Security Team Lead.
- Women-owned creative agency Fastspot is looking for a Full Stack Web Developer.
- Kion is on the lookout for a Senior Account Executive.
- The Oxford Club is searching for a Senior Web Application Developer.
- New media outlet Axios wants a Project Manager for its Smart Brevity Studio.
- Fixing for a role in finance? PNC Financial Services is looking for a:
- High-performance networking monitoring solution NetBeez is seeking a Sales Development Representative.
- Argo AI is looking for a Technical Writer.
Take time to treat yourself today! We’ll see you again real soon.